(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) end of the holidays

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ARTHUR WEASLEY was going to be ok. He'd spent Christmas in St Mungo's and Athena had even been up to visit him. In fact, everyone had. Everyone except Sirius and Theodore who realistically couldn't go to see him.

It had been strange seeing him lying in that hospital bed looking so small. However he still smiled and laughed, talking about how amazing all of the healers were.

He'd be home soon enough, Athena was glad that the Christmas holidays had fallen upon them. It meant she could spend the majority of her days at Grimmauld place, looking out over the Weasley's and Elle.

Elle hadn't said much at all from what Athena could see. She was concerned about how she was feeling. Athena just hoped she didn't blame herself. There's been a time where Athena had been in a similar situation and her first thought had been to blame herself. It seemed so strange to know that something was going to happen but to not be able to do anything about it.

Remus spent the majority of his time at Grimmauld place too. Athena was glad about this, she knew he'd have more luck getting through to Elle than her. She was also glad because it was Christmas and it would be sour for them to be unable to spend Christmas together.

However the holidays rushed past them too fast. Athena didn't want to go back to Hogwarts, she didn't want to see the students upset and scared, she didn't want to see Umbridge walking around smugly under the belief that she was improving the school. Athena wished she could tell the woman that she'd ruined Hogwarts but she cared too much for her job.

It was one of the last days of the holidays when Snape showed up at Grimmauld place. Athena was less than happy to see him. She already saw enough of him when she was working, having to come face to face with him during their time off felt almost like a punishment.

"What are you doing here?" Athena asked him shortly as he entered the kitchen.

Sirius and Athena were the only two sat in there. As soon as Snape moved past the doorway, Sirius' shoulders tensed and he looked like a dog who had seen a squirrel, ready to pounce.

"I assure you, I don't want to be here" Snape sneered in his usual condescending manner, "I have to speak to the Potter boy, Dumbledore's orders"

"About what?" Sirius asked coldly.

"I believe my business is with Potter and Potter only" Snape stated as he took a seat at the opposite end of the table.

Athena looked to Sirius with a knowing glance, seeing the anger that was smeared over his eyes.

A minute or two later, the door opened. At this point, Snape and Sirius were staring very determinedly in opposite directions. The silence was painful to witness. Athena had even stopped drumming her fingers against the table because it felt too awkward.