(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎) no going back

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RORY!" Athena called as soon as she burst into the office. Things at Hogwarts were finally going back to normal with Dumbledore reinstated, Hagrid back and the ministry staying well away. Athena had also heard that McGonagall should be making a reappearance some time that afternoon.

"Thee you are" Aurora gasped, jumping up and enveloping Athena into a large hug straight away, "I was so worried about you"

"I was worried about you!" Athena exclaimed, "Snape said he had no idea where you were and I know it's not like you to just abandon Hogwarts"

"I know" Aurora sighed, "I got in an argument with Umbridge about you and the terrible way she was leading this school. I know I shouldn't have said anything but I couldn't help it. Anyway, I was sure she was going to fire me so I left to go to Romania. I've been with Dominique over the last few days... I didn't even hear what had happened until yesterday and Rena I'm so sorry"

"It's alright" Athena frowned, "I'm not mad that you ran off to Romania"

"Not that" Aurora continued, "I'm sorry about Sirius, I can't imagine what you're going through"

"I'm fine" Athena lied with a forced smile, "I've been through this before, not with Sirius of course but—"

"Rena don't be ridiculous I'm your sister" Aurora interrupted, "you can't hide things from me. Look if you don't want to talk about it that's fine but the last thing that you should do is lock your emotions away"

"I'm not" Athena shook her head, "I'm talking to Remus about it"

This fact was mostly true. Remus had been onto her for weeks trying to get her to open up about how she was feeling. Athena couldn't exactly place her feelings into words, it was difficult. She felt a large weight inside her and a pain that didn't have a source. It hurt more than a physical injury would even if this technically didn't make sense.

However it wasn't as though Remus was talking about it either. He'd lost one of his closest friends and now he was basically the last marauder. The last one the four. Of course Peter was still out there somewhere grovelling to Voldemort but he wasn't really the Peter they had once known.

Remus simply thought it would be better to keep his problems pushed to the side in an attempt to help Athena. This wasn't really the right course of action. For it to work they had to both talk, both admit that they were in more emotional pain than they could convey. They were just unsure how to do that.

"That's good" Aurora smiled lightly, "I need to know you're looking after yourself. I haven't forgotten what happened last time you coped with grief"