(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) ponte vitae

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

STAYING AT AURORA'S COTTAGE would have been a lot more comforting if Rory was actually there. Everyone was walking on eggshells for the next upcoming weeks. Completely unsure of what to say. Soon December was drawing to a close and Christmas couldn't even be appreciated anymore.

Athena had always liked the cottage. It wasn't in the middle of nowhere but instead entwined with a small village. It was small in size but the kitchen was large with a huge map of the surrounding country on the far wall. Remus and Athena got a room to their self which although wasn't big, was very comfortable.

With every passing day the worry of Aurora's safety grew as fast as her stomach did. Athena felt as though she'd blinked and missed two months. In the back of her mind, she knew that her sister would be alright but that didn't stop her worrying. Dominique was the same, constantly asking Athena whether the pendant was beating.

Athena expected that the death eaters must have had something to do with the disappearance of her sister. Maybe they were hoping that Aurora would lead them straight back to Athena. How wrong they were. Rory would never give up Rena even if it meant compromising her own safety, that's what scared Athena.

Dominique spent a lot of her time writing messages into the book communication they shared. Athena watched as the words disappeared through the parchment but none returned. With every word, Dominique seemed to lose faith. Athena was still assured that Aurora would find her way back to them.

Life was boring since there was nothing to do but it was also simple. Athena was happy by the amount of protection over house and glad that Kennedy was staying with them.

She knew she was the only one who was happy about that. Remus didn't trust Kennedy anymore. He still blamed her for getting Athena caught even though she had explained that there was no other way for Kennedy to survive. They didn't have much reason to pretend to like each other and with the stress of everything going on, it was harder for them to control their words.

Dominique didn't get on with Kennedy either. Kenny had a bad habit of saying exactly what came into her mind which meant anything she didn't like about Dominique's home would be verbalised. The cottage only had three bedrooms and Kenny had been placed in the smallest which contained only a bed and a set of two drawers.

It's not as though she was used to a lavish lifestyle as of late but she still found a way to complain about anything she could. Athena pretend she wasn't annoyed by it simply because she didn't want Remus to say he told her so.

The full moon also became a rather large problem. If Athena believed that Remus got angry before the moon, Kennedy was a new story entirely. She was already a fairly angry person at the best of times and at the end of every month this was just amplified. She made Remus seem tame in comparison. Everyone learnt to simply stay out of her way but sometimes even this didn't work.