(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) high inquisitor

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT SHE'S DOING NOW!" Aurora yelled as she burst into the office. Athena looked up in surprise, halfway through marking some assignments.

"Go on then" she muttered.

"The bitch is inspecting lessons!" Aurora shouted in continued anger, "she's actually standing in lessons and writing things down on a bloody clipboard".

"Why's she doing that?" Athena frowned.

After being back at Hogwarts for two weeks it was no surprise that something else was changing. It seemed that Umbridge loved nothing more than creating random and stupid rules. She was power hungry and seemed to be doing it simply because she could.

There was now a wall outside the great hall dedicated to these rules. Each was framed in a separate wooden box. The stone wall had once been completely sparse but was now full of them. Some of the smaller ones banned products created by Fred and George Weasley, others were more severe such as the one regarding punishments or this new one where Umbridge would be inspecting lessons.

"I assume she's looking for reasons to fire people" Aurora sighed, "us included, so please don't do anything ridiculous"

"Me?" Athena scoffed, "you're the one storming around calling her a bitch to anyone who'll listen, she'll be after your blood first"

"She wouldn't dare" Aurora glared, "she is definitely after Trelawny though from what I've hear, I suspect it'll be the same for Hagrid when he gets back from his giant adventure"

"Sybil?" Athena frowned, "Hagrid? She hadn't even met him yet"

"Rena... she hates half breeds" Aurora pointed out, "seers and half giants aren't any exceptions. You should be glad she doesn't know who your dad really is. You having seer blood would just add more onto her list of reasons to kick you out of the castle"

"I'm not sure she needs anything else" Athena muttered, "I already tried to curse her... and I'm romantically involved with a werewolf, yeah I'm sure she loves me"

"Hmm" Aurora murmured, now staring out of the window. "Apparently she is analysing Flitwick first... doubt she'll be able to find anything on him, he's nearly been here as long as McGonagall has and that's saying something"

"Why does she have to storm in and ruin everything?" Athena asked angrily, "the teachers here do exactly what they're meant to do... except Snape of course but I doubt he's going to be top of the list of teachers to fire"

"I've been thinking about it a lot" Aurora continued, "we should play it safe, in lessons. Don't be too casual, or too strict, ask questions to the students you know will have the answer and um... don't walk too close to the edge of the tower like you always do"

"I'll not fall off" Athena scoffed, "unless she starts asking me stupid questions, maybe then I'll make a jump for it... not as if I'll die"

"Seriously Rena" Aurora rolled her eyes, "I need you here, Hogwarts needs you here"