(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) knowing the lies

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE DOOR TO HER OFFICE FLEW OPEN SO HARD that it left a mark on the wall behind it. Athena jumped in shock, spilling violet ink over her work.

"How could you?" Harry yelled and Athena stared at him in surprise,

"What's going on?" Athena asked,

"You lied!" His voice broke and Athena felt a wave of cold fall over her.

"Harry—"

"He was their friend!" Harry bellowed, "he was your friend! He's my godfather and he betrayed them!"

"Harry please" Athena muttered,

"You didn't tell me!" Harry yelled, tears welling up in his eyes, "how could you not tell me?"

"I wanted to" Athena replied quietly, feeling a small lump rise in her throat,

"Then why didn't you?" Harry shouted, "you knew him... you said you were his best friend"

"You were in the three broomsticks?" Athena asked warily, "why were you in Hogsmede? How were you in Hogsmede?"

"That doesn't matter now" Harry replied shortly,

"Yes it does!" Athena snapped, "I specifically told you not to go, I told you that it wasn't safe"

"Worried someone would tell me the truth?" Harry asked her harshly,

"Harry you have to understand—"

"He was my dads best friend and he was your friend too and you didn't mention it! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't..." Athena stuttered on her own words, "I didn't... it's not as though... this was years ago Harry"

"He's the reason my parents are dead! I had a right to know that!"

Athena wanted nothing more than to tell Harry the truth. The need was burning up inside her as she stared at the pool of purple ink spreading its way over the pages in front of her.

"You were there the night they died?" Harry exclaimed,

"Don't say that" Athena snapped, "I don't need reminded of that"

"You didn't tell me! You saw it happen"

"No I didn't" Athena shook her head, "I got there after it happened... I found you... I got you out of there I did"

"And then where did you go?"

"After Sirius" Athena whispered, "I had to know what had happened... I..."

"He killed Peter Pettigrew" Harry shouted and Athena tensed up knowing that this was now the truth that Harry believed. The truth that was closer to lies than anything else.