(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) the murder

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS ATHENA HAD STARTED SHOWING. So far she hated pregnancy. She felt constantly disgusting, lying in bed most of the day and staring at her stomach as though expecting it to magically grow twice the size. Morning sickness did not just last for the first two months. Whoever said that was lying.

Athena woke up every morning feeling sick and she'd mastered the art of sprinting to the toilet. This was for two cases as since there was constantly something pressing on her bladder, she needed the toilet all of the time.

Athena craved weird food. The most recent had been pancakes with barbecue sauce which Remus had actually refused to make. She'd also found a weird obsession with pickles. Now when eating, Remus tended to sit in another room as he couldn't watch her mixing chips and ice cream or strawberries and toothpaste (which was weirdly nice).

She had known it was going to be hard but Athena just wished she could get it over with. The feeling of sickness and constant headaches was slowly killing her and even lying in bed all day didn't do much to soothe her aching back.

Remus was surprisingly amazing with it all. Athena knew he was still scared of what might happen when the child was born. Nothing frightened him more than the idea that  he could pass on his condition to his child. He didn't talk about it anymore and it was clear he was simply trying to hope for the best but Athena could see the silent struggle playing in his mind.

She wanted to tell him that everything would be fine but she didn't want to drag up all his worries again. It was clear that he did want this child. Now accepting that this was a blessing, not a curse he was a lot more excited about it all.

Athena would often find him reading books on parenting towards the dead of night when she was supposed to be asleep. She didn't know what he was gaining from these books but he kept telling her he wanted to get it right. In her mind, Remus wouldn't be able to mess this up even if he tried. She knew he'd be a great father if he just got over the worries of who he was.

She kept asking herself how difficult parenting could actually be. Athena feared for the future of the war, the future that she played a large part in. Now with all of this going on, things had been placed into perspective. She couldn't die in this war, she was going to be a mother.

Of course she'd never wanted to die but a large part of her had thought that her future ended with this war. Her life had been so tangled with it and every journey she'd taken, it had followed her around like a weight. Now she had a future, she had a child and the war wasn't going to take this away from her.

Athena had always put her care into the order. Always doing the most to ensure things went well. Whenever things went wrong she would take some of that weight on her own back and whenever something went right she simple concentrated on the next step.