(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) trelawney's tribulation

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

EVERYONE WAS TIPTOEING around the castle, scared about what Umbridge might do next. Now Hagrid was back, she was inspecting his lessons and from what Athena had heard from the students, he wasn't doing very well.

Umbridge already had a grudge against Hagrid because of his giant heritage however his lessons on near dangerous animals certainly weren't helping his case.

Hermione came to Athena in distress telling her that Hagrid should stick to a simple lesson plan where he showcased harmless beasts in order to please Umbridge. It was clear that Hermione had been trying her best to persuade Hagrid on this. Athena felt happy how much she cared however Hagrid wouldn't listen. Since he hadn't been back very long, he didn't see Umbridge as a threat which Athena feared may be his last mistake.

Athena was simply doing her best to avoid Umbridge and getting most of the updates from the students and Aurora who still liked to rant about the pink monstrous munchkin as much as she could manage.

She would have liked to have the mindset where as long as she wasn't under threat of losing her job, it wouldn't matter what happened (which seemed to be Aurora's line of thinking) however Athena cared deeply about how this school was run and that included who taught in it. She felt that change was unnecessary and would do more harm than good.

Athena had no say about what should happen within the walls, usually this was up to the headmaster but even now this position had been diminished. It seemed that Dumbledore was on a lower rank than the ministry and since the ministry were now fully against him, there was little hope that Dumbledore would be able to stop Umbridge from doing whatever she wanted to.

She'd seen the woman walking around like she owned the place and it made her blood boil. It seemed that Umbridge was either torturing students with her blood quills or annoying teachers with stupid questions which had to be answered politely unless they wanted to fear getting fired.

All in all, Hogwarts wasn't what it used to be. Athena thought the only thing that could get worse would be if Umbridge became headteacher, she prayed for now that this lay in the path of impossible. Dumbledore wouldn't go down without a fight, there was nothing he cared more about than this school.

Athena could only warn students not to get detentions however as soon as Umbridge got her claws in, she had to sit back and watch them walk around sad faced clutching the backs of their hands without saying a word. Umbridge had scared them into silence and it took all the willpower within Athena to stop her from trying to curse the toad again.

The only joy she was getting over this situation was knowing there was a secret organisation of defence against the dark arts happening right under her nose. Athena hadn't heard much more about the group that Harry, Ron and Hermione had set up but she did know it was happening and Umbridge had no idea.