(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) small celebrations

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT WAS NO SURPRISE that Athena and Remus found themselves back at Grimmauld place the following week, this day it was thankfully under better circumstances.

Harry wasn't going to be expelled from Hogwarts. After his trial at the ministry, he'd luckily managed to get off. Athena breathed a long sigh of relief when she'd heard this. She wasn't sure what she'd do if Harry had been kicked out of the school. Hogwarts was the main place where Athena could look over him.

They'd been invited back for dinner that night with had slightly surprised Athena. After what she said to Molly the other day, she'd been sure her presence would be as welcomed as Kennedy's. However it seemed Molly loved nothing more than pretending nothing had happened, the same went for the situation regarding Percy.

As Athena and Remus entered the kitchen, they noticed the large banner reading 'congratulations Ron and Hermione, new prefects'.

"I suppose this isn't just a celebration for Harry" Athena smiled lightly as she settled into the seat beside Remus.

Sirius, Tonks, Hazel, Kingsley and Moody were already there. Kingsley and Moody were in a deep conversation about something (presumably the order) while Tonks was busy changing the colour of her hair while holding a mirror up in front of her face.

Hazel kept her eyes closed, saying stop randomly. Presumably the game was that whatever she said stop on was the colour Tonks had to keep her hair at. Unfortunately Tonks was yet to find a colour and style she was satisfied with. Needless to say the game was rather pointless.

Athena had just sat down when the kitchen door opened and Molly Weasley walked in with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Elle and Ginny following behind.

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," she told the kids as they entered the room. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled," she added, beaming.

Fred rolled his eyes and Mad-Eye Moody stumped in shortly after Athena had got herself a butterbeer.

"Oh, Alastor, I am glad you're here," said Mrs. Weasley brightly, as Mad-Eye shrugged off his traveling cloak. "We've been wanting to ask you for ages — could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's inside it? We haven't wanted to open it just in case it's something really nasty."

"No problem, Molly . . ."

Moody's electric-blue eye swiveled upward and stared fixedly through the ceiling of the kitchen.

"Drawing room . . ." he growled, as the pupil contracted. "Desk in the corner? Yeah, I see it. . . . Yeah, it's a boggart. . . . Want me to go up and get rid of it, Molly?"

"No, no, I'll do it myself later," beamed Mrs. Weasley. "You have your drink. We're having a little bit of a celebration, actually. . . ." She gestured at the scarlet banner. "Fourth prefect in the family!" she said fondly, ruffling Ron's hair.