(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) the eight potter's

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RIGHT!" Athena called briskly as she stepped into four Privet Drive. The thestrals, brooms and Hagrid's motorbike were all parked in the surprisingly large back garden. She'd been placed in control of this mission alongside Moody who had actually come up with the majority of the plan.

Truthfully, Athena was worried about how the leadership role suited her (or didn't suit her for that matter). She felt she would rather listen to the instructions of others, walk behind them rather than take the lead. She was so worried something was going to go wrong. If it did, Athena would feel the need to take the blame.

She was followed by a long line of people. Harry was waiting for them in the kitchen, looking surprised at the turnout. Behind her walked Remus, Kingsley, Mad-eye, Mundungus (unfortunately), Tonks, Hagrid, Arthur, Fred, George, Elle, Bill, Fleur, Ron and Hermione.

Athena had been surprised by how many people had volunteered to come and collect Harry for the final time however she supposed for the plan to work it would be good to have as many decoys as possible.

There was a general cry of greeting as they made it into the kitchen, Hermione flung her arms around Harry, Ron clapped him on the back, and Hagrid said, "All righ', Harry? Ready fer the off?"

"Definitely," said Harry, beaming around at them all. "But I wasn't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," growled Mad-Eye, who was holding two enormous bulging sacks, and whose magical eye was spinning from darkening sky to house to garden with dizzying rapidity. "Let's get undercover before me an Athena talk you through it."

Harry led them all into the kitchen where, laughing and chattering, they settled on chairs, sat themselves upon Petunia's gleaming work surfaces, or leaned up against her spotless appliances;

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Muggle Prime Minister?" Harry called across the room.

"He can get along without me for one night," said Kingsley, "You're more important."

"Harry, exciting news" Athena smiled as she held up her hand so her ring glinted in the light. She couldn't stop herself from showing it off, from telling everyone who would listen about how amazing her wedding had been. Truthfully, she still couldn't believe how perfect it had felt. She'd imagined it of course but the reality seemed to succeed even this.

"You got married?" Harry yelped, looking from her to Lupin.

"I'm sorry you couldn't be there, Harry, it was very quiet." Remus replied with a small smile.

"That's brilliant, congrat—"

"All right, all right, we'll have time for a cozy catch-up later," roared Moody over the hubbub, and silence fell in the kitchen. Moody dropped his sacks at his feet and turned to Harry. "As Dedalus probably told you, we had to abandon Plan A. Pius Thicknesse has gone over, which gives us a big problem. He's made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Network, place a Portkey here, or Apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection, to prevent You-Know-Who getting in at you. Absolutely pointless, seeing as your mother's charm does that already. What he's really done is to stop you getting out of here safely."