(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) summer of 1994

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SUMMER SEEMED A LOT SWEETER THIS YEAR. Maybe Athena could have ruled this down to the exaggerated amount of pancakes that she'd consumed or maybe it was because she was waking up to see Remus gazing at her as though she was an exquisite piece of art work. Either one of these could be a suitable explanation.

They spent most of their days in the summer sun, exploring villages and walking up hills just to see the sunset from a new perspective. Athena thought every perspective was beautiful, the colours in the sky, how they faded into one another. Remus didn't appreciate the sky as much, he was too busy looking at Athena.

Sometimes they just spent the days together, reminding each other of what they'd missed. Athena really had missed him in more ways than one.

More than ever, she wished the new year of Hogwarts didn't have to start. She didn't want to leave him. Athena wished that Snape hadn't been such a insufferable prick, maybe then Remus and Athena could work side by side just as she'd always dreamt when he had first left her.

It seemed like a perfect picture, maybe too perfect. Of course, Athena could see him whenever she wanted really. There would be no question of how she could travel so fast with Remus as the answer was well known by him.

Athena wasn't as addicted with Remus as she once had been. Although he'd always been her drug, her support and something she needed to feel anything at all, now the years had passed Athena had learnt a lot more about herself. She knew that she didn't need Remus to feel ok, he was just an added bonus.

She saw this as a positive. It meant that she wouldn't be relying on him. Of course she was completely infatuated with him. From his smile to the smallest details like the curve of his nose. Athena was in a constant appreciation but it wasn't enough to drive her crazy.

She was worried she was striding into the deep end again just like she had done many years ago. Athena wasn't intending to rush back into the love that she'd lost nearly thirteen years ago but times like this were hard to avoid. They knew each other too well to be sneaking around. Pretending they were new to each other when in reality there was nothing that they didn't know.

Conclusively, Athena was glad she wasn't addicted because it meant she wasn't acting like a lovesick fool every chance she got. She spent her time wavering around the possibility that this was a mistake but she didn't let the idea run wild in her mind. The way that Remus held her hand, brushed the hair out of her eyes and painted a picture in her mind with the feel of his lips conveyed and everlasting sense of security which hadn't been available to her in years.

She had fallen for him again but she could live without his presence for days at a time if she needed to. This of course was important for her return to Hogwarts. Maybe at weekends she'd be able to slip away however a lot of the time her presence at the school was needed for many students looking for help. Athena always wanted to be there for those who needed it.