(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) carol

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"I'VE MISSED YOU" Ben smiled as he pulled Athena in for a hug. She was glad for the comforting and warm entrance. Her anxious thoughts and nerve-racking imagination had led her to wonder whether she had been right in thinking that things had changed.

However as Ben pulled her into his arms she felt the sense of relaxation wash over her like a warm summers day. Athena hadn't realised how tense she'd actually been. Over the last week (due to Sybil's words) she had felt as though she'd been walking on egg shells.

Athena always supported Sybil's talk about tea leaves and aura's however she felt the other day that she had crossed a line. Her words had been engrained in Athena's mind, tattooed to her brain and driven her half mad.

Of course she knew how she felt better than anyone else could. If her heart told her she was in love with Ben she would listen and right now the rhythmic beats were practically writing poetry for the man holding her in his arms.

"I've missed you too, things have felt weird recently" she admitted as she stepped into the house that she knew well, "you know, my minds just been on fire or so it seems"

"Yeah, I promise we'll catch up in a moment it's just the publishers here"

"Oh" Athena frowned, placing her bag down on the side table, "sorry if I'm interrupting"

"No no of course not" Ben laughed, "you could never interrupt anything" he laid a kiss on her temple which did nothing to quell her worries. Athena felt as though she'd walked in on something important yet she followed Ben down the hallway as she usually would.

"I wanted you to meet her anyway" Ben grinned, "she's heard all about you, since my main character is based off you"

Athena lightened up at this as they walked into the kitchen. It smelt like baking and Athena was reminded of Ben's delicious creations as she spotted the plate of cookies sitting on the counter.

"Athena, this is Carol, Carol this is Athena" the girl tore her eyes off the plate of cookies and her gaze instead landed on the other woman sat in the kitchen by the table. She had notes and files sat in front of her creating the impression that she was organised.

However this wasn't the first thing that Athena noticed about Carol. When Ben had described her, Athena had imagined an old or middle aged women, kind and gentle with slightly greying hair. She'd imagined a motherly figure guiding Ben towards his dreams, a sweet woman who may live in a cottage somewhere with a few cats.

Needless to say, Athena was very wrong. Carol was the opposite of anything that Athena had imagined. She had the smile of an angel, the bone structure of a supermodel. Her hair was blonde and perfectly styled into large Hollywood waves. Her eyes a piercing blue, a mirrored image of the Arctic and surrounded by a perfectly pencilled line of charcoal.