(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) snuffles

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

GUILT RIDDLED ATHENA ALL DAY after she'd denied Harry being able to go to Hogsmeade. She'd seen the look on his face, the complete betrayal.

Of course he'd assumed that she would have signed it. Athena presumed the same thing. She considered herself Harry's guardian and she had been beyond thrilled that Harry considered the same.

Then she'd gone and ruined it or more accurately, Dumbledore had. Athena felt terrible for letting Harry down. She imagined seeing him walking around the castle alone while everyone else got to go have fun in the village.

Athena remembered her first ever Hogsmeade trip. The new experience had seemed so exciting to her. All of the shops begging her to visit them. The group had spent an entire hour in Zonko's joke shop as the marauders marvelled over the amazing pranking tools.

She couldn't comprehend what her reaction would have been if her parents had refused to sign her permission slip. Athena would have been completely devastated.

The thought that all of her friends would have been having fun in the village without her, bringing back sweets and stories. Thinking of all this made her feel even worse and she spent the rest of the day in complete frustration over it all.

Even worse than having to deny Harry access to Hogsmeade, Athena had lied to him.

Athena had sworn to herself that she would never lie to Harry and if it hadn't been for Dumbledore she would have stuck to this idea like glue.

She knew what lies did to people. Athena had been under the impression that she would have told Harry everything she knew once he was old enough. Everything about the war, the prophecy and the truth of why his parents had died. The fact that she'd seen it.

Now she'd looked him in the eyes and told him that Sirius was a death eater. She didn't know which part she hated more. The fact that she'd lied or the fact that Harry now believed Sirius was a terrible person.

Athena tried to tell herself that Harry had already known lies. All the prophet did was post titles of the terrible crimes that Sirius had apparently committed.

However she could have solved this. Athena had the power to tell Harry the truth. She could have cleared Sirius' name in Harry's mind. His godfather, Harry didn't even know.

Athena felt as though she hadn't just like Harry down but she'd also let Sirius down as well. That was all she was doing these days. She had known the truth about Sirius but hadn't been able to save him no matter how hard she tried. It just hadn't been good enough.

It scared her that she had lowered herself in Harry's eyes. The thought kept her awake at night. That Harry would prefer Remus.