(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) her first class

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HARRY being at Hogwarts. The teachers, the students, the paintings, the ghosts. Athena imagined that he must be feeling very overwhelmed by now and she didn't want to spring herself on him.

She was unsure how she was even going to introduce herself.

Hi Harry I knew your parents and you when you were young but you won't remember me.

Hi Harry I know this is weird but I'm your godmother and I've been thinking of this moment for ten years.

Hi Harry sorry that I left you to live with the worst people ever for ten years I just had no choice but I can't really tell you about that.

Athena decided she would ask him to stay behind the first lesson that they had which happened to be on a Wednesday. This year Athena was teaching all first and second years (as usual) as well as one fourth year class, one sixth year class and one third year.

Therefore the classes were split out evenly as Aurora took the fifth and seventh years as well as the remaining classes from third, fourth and sixth.

Athena was glad to see that she didn't have third year Gryffindor's, she wanted to avoid any reminder of Lupin as she could.

Neville came to her office on the first day to show her his new toad. His name was Trevor and Neville couldn't have been more proud of this animal if he tried. Athena knew he'd already lost him a few times however she made sure that she'd look out for a toad running around whenever she could.

She met the new defence teacher on the first day too. Quirrel was a peculiar character with a very prominent stutter. Athena didn't judge him on the way that she talked (unlike Snape) but she wasn't sure how the students were going to be able to understand him clearly. However she supposed he'd be gone after a year anyway.

Hogwarts had started the same way that it usually did. The only difference was the new students. Athena's lessons still ran the same. She never got bored of what she was teaching, she would always find astronomy interesting her only worry was that her students didn't.

However, Wednesday was different. Wednesday was new because it was the first time she'd have Harry's class for a lesson. Astronomy classes were often at midnight so that the night sky was in clear focus. Sometimes in higher years day classes would be taught to recap information however in earlier years they were always at night

Of course students would understandably get a later start the next day to contend with this. Back when Athena was at school this was never the case and Athena had never agreed with this. It had been her to instate this making sure that students were still well rested after having to take midnight lessons.