(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) padfoot in the place where it's hidden

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

UNFORTUNATELY THE MOOD IN GRIMMAULD PLACE didn't stay happy for long. Maybe they should have seen this coming, most of it had been forced after all.

It all came crumbling down after Sirius had an argument with Kreacher. Athena believed that Sirius was being too harsh on the house elf but she understood that this was simply because he appeared as a reminder of his terrible childhood. However after Kreacher had dragged Sirius' name through the dirt in small whispers around the house, Sirius had returned to the attic in a fit of anger.

They decided it was best to leave him be. Hours passed and Sirius remained upstairs. Athena felt as though everyone was walking on eggshells, scared to say anything in case it would reward another eruption.

Athena couldn't blame Sirius for being angry and frustrated. He'd been locked up for so long. After escaping from Azkaban he had probably been under the impression that he would be a free man. However now the opposite had greeted him. Sirius had little hope left and Athena felt it drain out of the walls as she walked around the house.

Even though Sirius was in the attic and couldn't be disturbed, no one felt like walking around the house and acting normal. Theodore was situated in his room as usual, probably reading a book or writing whatever he enjoyed scribbling about.

Athena and Remus were in the spare room. While Athena ranted about everything going on, letting out a stream of words that were hardly legible, Remus lay back on the bed pretending to listen. Athena knew he wasn't listening but she didn't care. She just needed someone to be there when she put the world to rights.

After getting through her favourite topics to complain about including the ministry, Umbridge, the war, the Dailey Prophet, Dumbledore, death eaters and people who had mayonnaise with every meal (which definitely deserved to be on that list) she fell back on the bed next to Remus in exhaustion, completely out of words to say.

"Feel better?" Remus asked lightly.

"No not really" Athena sighed, "I wish things would change, I wish the minister would just accept that Voldemort is back, I wish Umbridge would stop pretending she's better than Dumbledore and I wish someone would invent time travel so I could—"

"Someone has invented time travel" Remus interrupted, "time turners"

"Alright yes I know" Athena muttered, "I mean I wish I could just go back in time to when we were in school... not just watch it from afar I want to live that again"

"Me too" Remus smiled sadly.

"I've been feeling really down recently, I don't know if you've noticed"

"I have" Remus nodded, "I think everyone has Rena"

"Yeah I know I'm not subtle" she frowned, "it's just got me thinking about how much I miss them. Things would be so much better if Lily and James were here, Marlene and Dorcas. I just... things aren't the same without them, they're just not"