(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) dementor

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HARRY'S FIREBOLT HAD BEEN TAKEN OFF HIM. It hadn't crossed her mind that it may have been jinxed however it has certainly crossed Hermione's. Athena now wondered whether she should have come to this conclusion. She knew the danger that everyone assumed Harry was in was incorrect however that didn't mean he wasn't in any danger at all.

Athena didn't have much time to think of about it. Since Christmas, her mind had been on one thing and one thing only. Remus.

Maybe she should have regretted asking that question however she didn't. Every day. He'd said he'd regretted it everyday since he'd left and Athena didn't know what this meant.

Her brain told her that it didn't change anything. What happened had been a long time ago and Athena kept acting as though it had only been a year ago. Too many things had changed and it didn't mean anything that Remus was aware of the mistake that he'd made. It didn't mean anything.

However her brain was fixated on the idea that things may not have changed as much as she believed them to have. Athena longed for an answer yet she didn't know the question.

It was because of this that she found herself in the defence against the dark arts classroom one Thursday evening. It was Harry's first lesson against the dementors and although Athena had been convinced that she wouldn't attended, she was here anyway.

Athena told herself time and time again that she was here for Harry and no other reason. Of course this wasn't the case, of course she didn't really believe this.

She was late of course and stood by the door wondering if this was a good idea. Their conversation had ended rather abruptly after Remus has told her he still regretted what he'd done. She wished she could have asked more. Athena wanted to know exactly how he felt, every small emotion.

Remus was lifting a trunk onto his desk while Harry stood around watching in curiosity.

"What's that?" said Harry.

"Another Boggart," said Remus, stripping off his cloak. "I've been combing the castle ever since Tuesday, and very luckily, I found this one lurking inside Mr. Filch's filing cabinet. It's the nearest we'll get to a real Dementor. The Boggart will turn into a Dementor when he sees you, so we'll be able to practice on him. I can store him in my office when we're not using him; there's a cupboard under my desk he'll like."

"Okay," said Harry,

In this moment, Remus turned around looking at the door as though he had sensed her presence. She noticed that his eyes lit up when he saw her, how the corners of his mouth twinged slightly.

"Rena" he smiled, "I'm glad you could make it"

Harry turned too, evidently surprised to see her there. She walked in carefully knowing now that she couldn't turn back.