(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) foreshadowing

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"Athena Sinistra?"

"Yes"

"You're the one who will see how the war ends?"

"Yes"

It was dark and cold. No source of light could cast a shadow on the already desolate space. Yet there he was. Different to how she'd once seen with snake like features casting a gruesome picture into her mind. Her hands were shaking. Flashes of images were all she could see as she tapped the side of the wooden chair where she was sat.

"How did I get here?"

"How does it end?"

"I don't know" she shook her head through tears, "I haven't seen—"

"How does it end!"

"Please" she sobbed, "please just let me go, I've already told you I have no idea how this ends, I can't tell you anything"

"You lost in the first war" the voice continued, "you lost more than you could imagine"

"I know I did"

"You will lose in this war too"

Athena looked up in confusion. The war had already begun yet it was raging on outside every window, striking fear in every home.

"How do you know?"

"I have my own sources" he hissed, "it's not only you who can reach into the future"

"Sanders" Athena blinked harshly, "you're still using him then"

"He joined me willingly—"

"He did no such thing!" Athena yelled, "you kill and you torment the lives around you, innocent lives like—"

"I don't care for your loss, it's been a year Athena"

"He didn't have to die" she cried, "why did he have to die?"

"That's not the loss I'm talking about"

"I can't lose anymore" Athena sobbed, "I can't... lose anyone else"

"Then tell me how the war ends, simple as that"

"I told you... I don't know"

"Hope" he whispered.

"What?" Athena looked up with a snap, her hands still gripping the seat beside her.

"Hope" he repeated, "is that not the name you're planning on giving to your daughter?"

Athena woke up terrified. At first she couldn't remember anything, where she was or what had scared her so much that her heart was racing ten times the average rate. Slowing her breathing, she turned to see Remus asleep beside her.