(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) the battle of hogwarts

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

A LOT OF THE ORDER WAITED IN THE room of requirement for people to filter out. Athena was worried by the amount of students fighting. Students that she had watched grow up willing to throw their lives away. They were so young. Athena knew that people would be lost tonight. There was no point pretending otherwise.

The crowd was thinning. Only a little knot of people remained below in the Room of Requirement, and Athena joined them. Molly was struggling with Ginny. Around them stood Remus, Harry, Elle, Fred, George, Bill and Fleur.

"You're underage!" Molly shouted at her daughter as Athena approached "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't!"

Ginny's hair flew as she pulled her arm out of her mother's grip.

"I'm in Dumbledore's Army"

"A teenagers' gang!"

"A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" said Fred.

"She's sixteen!" shouted Mrs. Weasley. "She's not old enough! What you three were thinking bringing her with you"

Fred, George and Elle looked slightly ashamed of themselves.

"Mum's right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have to leave, it's only right."

"I can't go home!" Ginny shouted, angry tears sparkling in her eyes. "my whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and—"

She looked around as though hoping someone would back her up. Athena saw as her eyes landed in Harry in desperate hope. However he simply shook his head. He was right of course, Ginny was so young. It wasn't worth the risk.

"Fine," she said, staring at the entrance to the tunnel back to the Hog's Head. "I'll say good-by now, then"

"Molly, how about this," said Remus. "Why doesn't Ginny stay here , then at least she'll be on the scene and know what's going on, but she won't be in the middle of the fighting?"

"I..."

"That's a good idea," said Mr. Weasley firmly, "Ginny, you stay in this room, you hear me?"

Ginny did not seem to like the idea much, but under her father's unusually stern gaze, she nodded.

"Where's Ron?" asked Harry, "Where's Hermione?"

"They must have gone up the Great Hall already," Arthur called over his shoulder.

"I didn't see them pass me," said Harry.

"They said something about a bathroom," said Athena, "not long after you left."

"A bathroom?"

"Said you'd know what they meant" Athena shrugged. Remus had turned to her now with that expression that she could read perfectly. It was time to go and join the others. Athena held his hand tight as they paced towards the stairs and took the passage out of the room.