(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎) alicia spinnet

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAD FEVERISHLY TRIED to avoid Gilderoy Lockhart since the dreaded Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, he seemed to be wherever she went. He'd be lurking at the bottom of the astronomy tower after her lessons were finished, he was waiting by the great hall doors once breakfast was over.

She'd taken to sitting up on her hidden windowsill whenever possible. Athena would take a book and sit in the cold with a heating charm around her. Athena liked the peace and quiet out there, she'd occasionally see a flying lesson or a quidditch practice but not much else.

Other than that, she liked to adventure down to the Hartland's cafe for a warm drink and a good conversation. Usually, the cafe had been her safe space. Hazel could talk for England and Athena therefore didn't need to put any input in about her own life.

However since seeing Remus' shadowed figure walking away in the rain, Athena had been more nervous to go down there. She knew that he was going more regularly now and she couldn't blame him. The Hartland's had been his friends before hers yet the thought that she could bump into her struck more fear in her than the idea of a large monster walking around Hogwarts.

It seemed everyone was getting a little too comfortable in the school at the moment. The last attack had been back in December and when Athena heard students talking about the chamber, she heard them talking about how they believed everything was fine now.

It's not that Athena didn't want this to be true, the problem was that she was very sure it wouldn't be so easy to rid the school of this threat. After all, the monster hadn't just died off all of a sudden and Lockhart definitely hadn't simply scared it off like he'd suggested.

The students who had been petrified were still up in the hospital wing, hidden at the back and out of view from any curious prying eyes. The mandrake draught wouldn't be ready for another few months and Athena wondered why people weren't so bothered by this anymore.

There were still two young boys lying completely immobilised in the hospital wing yet it seemed that as long as everyone else was ok that the situation wasn't worth worrying over.

Personally, Athena was no longer naive enough to believe that everything was simply over. She knew better and she knew that the chamber hadn't just closed again. It wouldn't be that easy.

Unlike everyone else, Athena was walking around with a light edge in her eyes as she tried to spot any sign of trouble of danger. She wasn't arrogantly pacing around and laughing as though they were in a normal year at Hogwarts. Athena was using all her senses in an attempt to sniff out the monster before it struck again.

Trelawney seemed to share the same ideas as her. Athena wasn't surprised, Sybil liked to expect danger even if she was miles away from it. However Athena was glad that not everyone had forgotten about the fear that had infected the school only months ago.