(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) fifty years ago

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

FEAR SPREAD THROUGH THE SCHOOL like an inferno. It's all anyone could talk about. People were trying to get into the hospital wing in an attempt to sneak a glance at Colin.

Madame Pomfrey had ended up placing him at the back behind a bunch of screens to preserve his privacy. People were terrified that they were going to be next. Of course Colin was muggle born and this has emphasised the idea that they were the victims of these attacks.

Athena had several cases of students who simply didn't want to leave their rooms. She didn't blame them. Others were telling muggle born students that they'd be next, Athena could only imagine that they must be scared.

It seemed for now, the plan was to keep the school open. Athena felt as though this plan wasn't a smart one. There'd been another search for the chamber and Athena had participated in looking around. However she had no idea where to look. Most people checked the dungeons since this was the Slytherin part of the castle.

Athena spent her nights wondering who was responsible for opening the chamber. Initially, Dumbledore had been sure that a student couldn't have caused this however now it seemed there were few other options.

She was keeping her eye out for any unusual activity. Unfortunately, she didn't spot any. Of course a lot of the Slytherins were milking the entire thing such as Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle however Athena was more than sure that they weren't actually behind it. If they were, they would be a lot more careful.

Lessons were often filled with questions about the chamber and about what was going to happen. Athena was annoyed that she actually couldn't answer them. She knew as little as them. The chamber was unknown to her, she only knew what she had read and she wasn't even aware how much of this was true.

Word has also spread that she had been the one to find Colin which led to even more questions. People wanted to know what he'd looked like or whether she'd seen the monster.

By the end of the week, students had made up stories about how Athena had singlehandedly fought the monster off to save herself but unfortunately couldn't save Colin.

Other stories depicted her as the villain. They said it was odd how she had found him and had also been so quick to jump to Harry's defence after the first attack.

Of course this was all ridiculous and Athena found herself very amused by the stories that the students were telling. She knew that only few had actually believed them and the majority of these were eleven.

She hoped that they would get to the bottom of things. Athena wanted nothing more than to assure students that everything would be completely fine. However it was hard to convince them of this when she didn't even believe it all.

☽☽☽

Athena was sitting marking work when she heard a loud knock on her door.