(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) hopeless romantic

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA'S EYES ALMOST BURNT a hole in the back of Carol's head as she walked away from the table, her glorious hair swaying despite the lack of breeze inside the three broomsticks.

"How did she know your name?" Athena whispered.

"Who is she?" Remus asked.

"Carol Skeeter" Athena frowned, "she's the one... I told you about Ben"

"Yeah you did" Remus nodded, realising that she didn't want to talk more about the time that she was cheated on.

"Were you talking about me?" Remus continued to question.

"No" she shook her head, "no she was... apologising about what happened, trying to make amends. They're getting married, she showed me the ring and then she told me that grudges were bad for my health"

"But you didn't mention me"

"Not once" Athena continued, "she said nice to see you again... and you Remus as though she'd met you before?"

"I've never seen her before in my life" Remus shook his head, "there must be some kind of... Rita Skeeter practically knows everyone who's ever walked the Earth"

"I suppose so though I'm not sure why they'd be talking about you" Athena shrugged, "I mean no offence Remus but you haven't exactly done anything extremely interesting or groundbreaking recently"

"No you're right" Remus laughed lightly, "am I overthinking this?"

"Maybe" Athena pondered, "Ben knew about you, I used to talk about you... I mean my life wouldn't have been the same without you it's not as though I could just pretend you didn't exist"

"Maybe Ben told Carol but then... she would have had to be certain who I was"

"It was like she knew you" Athena frowned, "she went to Hogwarts"

"The same time as us?" Remus asked.

"She dropped out after fifth year... I don't remember what else she told me. At the time that I met her I was too shocked that she was a witch to think about anything else. I don't think she was there the same time as us, even if she was there's no reason for her to have known you"

"She looked at me... like she knew me" Remus repeated, "you know what? I'm sure it's nothing, Ben mentioned me that's all"

"You're probably right" Athena murmured yet her mind was still in thought about her words with Carol. Something had felt off the entire time. She'd never really known Carol nor payed attention to the way that she acted however now as she was overanalysing everything she couldn't help but think that she was missing something, something obvious.

"So go on, don't leave me waiting" Remus smiled, now back to his more enthusiastic self, "how was Harry?"

"Oh Remus he was excellent" Athena gushed straight away, grateful for the distraction, "I was so worried of course but... he came joint first and it was incredible. He used his broom, flew around the dragon brilliantly, I mean of course he did he's a Potter"