(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) ministry infiltration

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE" Remus murmured as he stared up at her. Athena frowned to herself for a moment, looking over at the ornate clock sitting on the bedside table. She was going to be late.

"And whose fault is that?" Athena asked as she leant over him and kissed him yet again. The metal of her locket settled on his chest as he rested his hands gently on her neck, occasionally running his fingers through the curls of her hair.

"Yours" Remus whispered through kisses, "it's your job not mine"

"You're too addicting Remus, I don't want to leave" Athena smirked as he sat up from the bed and wrapped his arms around her. He buried his face in her neck as she sighed to herself. A few more days like this would be highly appreciated right about now.

It felt as though their summer had been taken in a storm of order business. Athena couldn't remember having a spare moment to themselves in weeks which was annoying considering that today was the first day of the new school year. Every year was a repetitive broadcast. The same over and over again. Hoping this year was different was a bad omen. Athena was positive it would be different she just wasn't sure it would be for good reason. Change was never good, especially not at the moment.

"You always said you'd leave after Harry leaves" Remus reminded her as he placed smaller kisses around her collarbone.

"I know I did" Athena replied, "and I meant it... at the time"

"I can't see you ever leaving Hogwarts" Remus muttered, looking up at her through almost sad eyes.

Athena stared back at him for a moment before she forced a smile, placing her hands on the side of his face and giving him one last, meaningful kiss before she slid backwards off his lap and onto her feet.

"Truthfully I can't either" Athena shrugged, "but I can't go on forever, maybe after this war... priorities will be different"

"If there is an after this war, that is" Remus mused, taking the opportunity of her absence to lie back on the bed with his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling.

"You're beginning to sound like me" Athena laughed lightly as she picked some dark red robes out of the wardrobe.

"Well I do spend most of my time with you" Remus pointed out with a small smile, "it's only natural—"

"Yes, yes I know" Athena replied, pulling the robes over her head, "but I could do with some of your well guided optimism right about now. This year doesn't bode well"