(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓) saviour

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT SEEMED THERE WAS NO BETTER SOLUTION than the ones they had come up with in the staff room. McGonagall wrote a letter to the governors (except for Malfoy of course) and to Dumbledore himself.

Panic had settled over the teachers as they strode the school looking for any sign of where Ginny may have gone. Athena stumbled across the message written in blood in the wall. Then she actually had been sick.

She was shaking as she paced the corridors, her mind spinning in insanity as she wondered what would happen. What if they couldn't save Ginny? It seemed there was never a problem at Hogwarts that couldn't be fixed however this one was seeming more severe than anything they had ever dealt with.

Athena was walking the same corridor for the third time when she saw McGonagall striding towards her through her hazy vision.

"He's here, Albus" she didn't seem comforted by this idea but it was something Athena supposed.

"What is it?" Athena asked, seeing the almost desperately sympathetic look on McGonagall's face.

"Harry and Ron are missing" McGonagall whispered.

This pushed Athena over the edge. She should have known that they would do something stupid. She should have known that they'd want to act the heroes and solve the mystery themselves.

Athena sank to the floor in a new fit of tears as she imagined all the worst possible scenarios. So worried about Ginny, Athena hadn't wondered what would happen if anyone else got effected.

McGonagall didn't seem able to comfort her. The woman's mind was also racing with the same worst possibilities. She'd been the head of the school and although no one blamed her, she blamed herself.

Walking now knowing that Harry and Ron were in danger was very difficult. Athena was shaking with every step as her and McGonagall made their way up to Dumbledore's office.

It seemed that Lockhart was also missing but Athena didn't care about that. Chances were that he'd done a runner. Athena didn't expect any more. She wished that she could have done something to help. She wished that she knew where the chamber was, she wished that she could go and save Ron, Harry and Ginny.

Dumbledore was sat importantly behind his desk when they walked in. He had a grave expression on his face. Athena's heart sank as she saw Mr and Mrs Weasley sitting by his desk clinging onto one another.

"Athena" Molly whispered through tears.

"Molly... I'm so sorry... I'm so so sorry" Athena blurted out but the woman shook her head with a small forced smile. She didn't say anything however Athena heard everything she needed to.

"I heard back from the governors" Dumbledore spoke calmly, "they were under the impression that their families were under threat if they did not sign the demand for my expulsion from the school"