(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) do you regret it?

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT WAS THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS THAT Athena hadn't even considered going home for Christmas. In her mind, the choice was set. She would much rather spend two weeks walking around the castle rather than lying in her bed at home

Her house was boring in comparison to Hogwarts and it wasn't as though she had anyone to see.

December had gone slowly for her. Harry didn't come visit at all for a few weeks and Athena kept getting the painful worry that she'd lost him.

Since the moment they'd shared in Remus' office, she hadn't seen the defence against the dark arts teacher at all. At least not properly. She saw him at feasts or walking around the castle in the distance however that was all.

Athena shouldn't complain, this was what she wanted after all. She had been desperate to erase his face from her memory, to forget he had ever existed. Now if she hadn't seen him for a day she felt almost disappointed. She hated the fact that the excitement getting her out of bed in the morning was the possibility that she might bump into him.

She tried so hard to hate him. She deserved to hate him for what he had done to her however she never could. All of that burning frustration disappeared the moment her eyes collided with his. As though he'd turned a switch off in her brain.

Then Athena would almost forget what it was like to be angry. She'd remember later on. The fire would come out directed at herself for being so ridiculous. It was best that she didn't see him because it seemed she couldn't control her emotions around him.

Sometimes, Athena would catch herself thinking about him. She'd be sitting doing work or talking with Sirius in the shrieking shack and her mind would wander.

She went down to the shack everyday to give Sirius and Theodore food. Athena was comforted by the idea that she was looking out for them. No one had seen her go down. Remus had been the only one who had spotted her and she doubted that he really knew what was going on.

Athena wanted to talk to Sirius about her problems however she didn't actually want an answer. She feared what this may entail. Athena wasn't stupid she could tell that the feelings inside her were the ones similar to what she had felt twelve years ago. Athena knew what this meant, she didn't need it spelled out to her.

Instead she kept the voices in her mind. She wished that she could be more worried about Harry and what he was doing however even that was overtaken by the weird unsettled feeling inside her. The one that came out whenever Remus walked in.

By Christmas, Athena was starting to wonder whether she should try and build the bridge between her and Harry. Maybe it would help her sleep at night knowing that she was ok.