(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) hartland's cafe

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"THEY'VE TAKEN THE MIRROR AWAY" Harry said as he walked into Athena's office. She was sat drinking a cup of tea which had long since gone cold. She'd tried charming it back to its glory but she was so tired that she was convinced her spell had made it even colder.

"They?"

"Dumbledore" Harry confirmed as he sat down in his seat like he always did, "I should have listened to you Rena, I shouldn't have gone back, now Dumbledore took it away because of me"

"He didn't Harry" Athena smiled lightly, "he didn't move it because of you, he was always going to move it he only put it there temporarily... anyway if he moved it for any reason it was because of me"

"Because of you?" Harry frowned in confusion,

"I didn't listen to my own advice, I gave into temptation" Athena replied, "I told you, it happens to the best of us, I thought I could ignore it but I couldn't... don't feel bad for going back Harry I understood why you did".

"I'm sorry I showed you it" Harry murmured,

"Don't be... the mirror shows lies but it shows us lies that we want to see, that we want to believe... I'm glad I got to see them, even for a bit"

"Are you ok?"

"Course I am" Athena forced a smile, "just tired, I don't get a later start after those midnight lessons"

"You should get some sleep" Harry told her and Athena had to hold in her laugh. As he said those words, Athena was so sure that she could see James shining through him. James never really understood the idea of insomnia, Harry evidently didn't know about it either which had reminded her of him.

"I will Harry, don't worry about me... how are your lessons going?"

"Good" Harry grinned, "I've been preparing for the next match soon, Oliver seems to think it should go well since we beat Slytherin the first time"

"You've definitely had that broom checked out haven't you?" Athena asked, "I don't want to watch you hanging off that thing for dear life again"

"McGonagall and Flitwick checked over it and it's not jinxed" Harry replied with a nod, "everything will be fine"

"Let's hope so, I can't take another scare like that" Athena sighed dramatically,
"anyway, don't you have a lesson now?"

"What time is it?" Harry asked in slight confusion,

"Ten past nine" Athena replied,

"Oh no... I have potions, Snape is going to kill me"

"No he won't" Athena replied, "here I'll write you a note"

Athena grabbed a small piece of powder blue paper sat on her desk and scrawled out some words for the annoying potions master who she'd been avoiding.