(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) the potions master

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA'S FIRST WEEK HAD GONE RATHER QUICKLY. Harry had come to her office on the Thursday and she'd gone through all the photos that she could find. He'd gasped the first time that he saw his father and Athena knew that there was no denying the resemblance between them.

She'd been close to tears watching Harry go through the photos as this had been what she'd wanted for years. His eyes seemed to light up with each photo that he saw.

"You look exactly the same" he told Rena as he flicked through them,

"I'll take that as a compliment" Athena smiled in return. Looking at the photo it was quite clear to see that she did look the same.

"Who's that?" Harry asked. Athena leaned over the desk to get a better look and her heart dropped. The photo was of Lily and James dramatically doing some form of waltz at a seventh year Gryffindor party. Beside them stood Athena with her arms wrapped around Remus.

"Oh that's Remus" Athena smiled lightly, trying not to show the hurt in her eyes as she sat back down into her chair.

"Was he one of your friends too?"

"Yeah he was" Athena nodded, "one of your dads best mates"

"Is he still... sorry I shouldn't ask that, my aunt never lets me ask too many questions"

"Oh don't worry Harry" Athena frowned, "you can never ask too many questions, not to me anyway... Remus is still alive but I haven't seen him in years. I'm sure he's doing well somewhere"

☽☽☽

At the end of the week, Athena found herself walking down to Snape's room for something to do. She was bored again as most of her lessons took place at night which meant that she didn't have much to do in the days. Her schedule was rather clear especially because she shared the subject with Aurora.

The dungeons were colder than the rest of the castle which reflected them rather well. The Slytherin dormitories were down here somewhere, Athena remembered once she had snuck in with the marauders for a brilliant prank. She missed those days.

She found the potions classroom and knocked loudly on the door. There was no answer which usually meant that Snape was mulling to himself and wanted to be left alone. However Athena didn't really care.

She pushed open the door and stepped inside. The man was sat behind his desk dressed all in black as usual pouring over some students work with a sickening expression.