(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) jinxed broomsticks

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THERE WAS AN EXCITED BUZZ SETTLING AROUND THE CASTLE towards the end of November because of the first Gryffindor game of the season. Harry seemed to be nervous with all these expectations placed onto his shoulders but Athena told him that his father would be proud of him no matter the outcome.

Of course she could place money on the fact that he would be brilliant. He had the blood of James Potter running through his veins and if this wasn't enough to prove that he was a good quidditch player, Athena didn't know what was.

The quidditch games usually took place on a Saturday and Athena never failed to attend every one. It was one of the few pieces of entertainment that the school provided for teachers. As Athena found herself walking the castle bored on many occasions, she often looked forward to match days.

However this one was the best one yet because Harry would be playing. She'd even got down to the pitch earlier than usual to find a good seat right at the front of the teachers stands. She ended up sitting next to Professor Sprout as her sister was busy marking and Sybil would never leave her tower for quidditch (too much energy around).

McGonagall seemed very excited about Harry playing this time, she seemed sure that Gryffindor were in with the chance of a win this time since their team was in good shape.

Athena had high hopes too but she didn't like the fact that they were playing against the Slytherins. The Slytherin quidditch team were notorious for playing more dirty than any other team in order to win. This was mainly because of their annoying captain Marcus Flint who Athena was glad she didn't have to teach anymore as he was in fifth year.

However she was still sure that Gryffindor were in with a really good chance (even if Slytherin had beaten them the year before). She couldn't go through another period of Snape being smug about his team winning. Snape being smug was one of the worst things that Athena could possibly imagine.

McGonagall was sat at the front of the teachers stand next to a boy called Lee Jordan. Lee was in third year and was very close friends with the Weasley twins. He was just as humorous, chaotic and troublesome but he made a great quidditch commentator.

He was a lot different to Remus at this job. Remus had always been sarcastic and pretended to be unenthusiastic about the game which was the exact opposite to Lee. It was evident that Lee loved the sport however he often went off topic and (just like Remus) often accidentally swore which landed him in trouble with McGonagall many times.

"Look, they're coming out!" Sprout beamed in excitement and Athena looked out onto the pitch to see the team in scarlet robes walking to meet those in emerald next to the figure of Madame Hooch.