(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) back to the ministry

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA TURNED JUST AS REMUS stepped out the fire behind her. She took his hand as the group started to quickly pace across the shining black halls.

There was the sound of bursting flames coming from behind them. Everyone turned to see Theodore stepping out of the fire.

"What are you doing here?" Athena asked, "you're not supposed to be here"

"I couldn't sit back at Grimmauld place knowing what was going on, I want to help" Theodore argued.

"It's dangerous—"

"We don't have time!" Moody yelled over everyone, "Sanders stay close"

Theodore nodded instantly, hurrying along behind Athena and Remus as they moved out of the large ministry hall and into the smaller corridors. Moody was the first to enter the golden lift and stood at the back so that everyone could fit inside.

Even after this, it was still a squeeze. Athena could hear an abundance of heartbeats which let her know everyone was just as scared as she was.

Athena couldn't believe where they were going. All those years ago when they'd graced the doors of the department of mysteries, she swore she'd never return. Now she could see the spinning walls, the eery lightly coating all of the rooms and most of all the archway sat below all those many stairs.

Everyone was silent as they moved down in the lift. Athena gripped onto Remus' hand. Her mind was glued to Harry and Neville. She couldn't believe that Neville was here, that he was in trouble.

The lift doors opened, leading them out into an empty corridor, a single door at the end.

Moody strode ahead of the rest of the group in swift strides. The rest followed close behind as fast as they could manage.

"Remember, our priority is helping the kids" Kingsley repeated as they opened the door.

Athena recognised the room instantly. The large circle with dozens of doors all over the walls. Before the room could spin, Moody shot a spell at one of the doors and they all strode towards it.

"This is the way to the propchey room" Moody explained as they all piled in.

As they entered the small room in front of the hall of prophecies, Athena immediately spotted the body of a death eater lying knocked out on the floor. Beside him lay the crumpled body of Hermione.

Athena let out a loud gasp and dashed towards her, placing her fingers against her neck.

"She's alive" Athena breathed in relief.

"We'll leave her here for now" Moody grunted placing a spell on the death eater to ensure he wouldn't wake up.

They continued into the hall of prophecies. Each of them cast a silver light over the room like ripping water.