(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) the end of the light

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HENRY AND MARY SINISTRA came up to see their granddaughter on the second of May. Athena was happy to see them again considering the last time she had was at her wedding.

They would have come back more often if it hadn't been for the war. In the first war they had fought hard alongside the order and alongside Dumbledore. They'd put their lives at stake and now that they were older with limited time they didn't want to spend the rest of their days fighting.

Instead they'd moved to Italy in order to live a life out in the sun. It was going well for them. Every time Athena saw them their skin was glowing with a tan and they looked healthier than most people their age.

Sometimes Athena wondered what it would be like to take Remus and Hope and runaway to Italy. It seemed like the easier option in life. However Athena had already made the decision of what would happen to her in this war. There was no going back now even if she changed her mind. She'd realised that when she'd cast the spell. Now it just took all her willpower to not think about it.

However the thought would creep over her at the worst times. When she was lying against Remus listening to the beat of his heart. When she was rocking her daughter in her arms, singing her to sleep. When she was laughing with Aurora or hugging her parents welcome after not seeing them for so long. Everything would come rushing back to her. Sometimes it was overwhelming. The realisation of what had to happen.

Athena loved how happy her parents were to have a grandchild. Of course biologically, Hope wasn't their grandchild but after years of pretence the truth hadn't changed anything for their family. At the time that Athena had found out, all she felt had been resentment. Now she didn't care. Family wasn't defined by blood but by love. No one had loved her more than Mary and Henry. To Rena, they would always be her parents.

She could tell they wanted to come back from Italy more. Now as Mary rocked Hope in her arms she seemed to look at home. Stood in Aurora and Dominique's living room. All Athena could see was family, all around her. She considered everyone in the room her family now. She didn't want to lose them.

"She's so gorgeous" Henry murmured, staring down over his wife's shoulder.

"Of course she is, she's mine" Athena smiled lightly, "she likes you"

"She likes everyone" Aurora said with a laugh, "she'll definitely be a social butterfly when she grows up"

"More like you than me in that case" Athena pointed out.

"Well I always said that Aurora was a beautiful name" her sister continued with a grin, "don't you think mum?"

"I chose it, of course it's a beautiful name" Mary replied simply.

"Auroras a great name" Athena shrugged. She turned to see her sister staring at her expectantly, "what do you want me to say? That if I have another daughter I'll name her after you?"