(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) speculation

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"THEREFORE THE TERM BLUE MOON actually came from—"

"Professor?"

Athena turned in surprise to have been interrupted. Hermione was sat with her hand in the air looking slightly anxious. It wasn't like the young girl to interrupt unless for good reason.

"Yes Hermione?" Athena smiled comfortingly,

"I was wondering if you could um— maybe tell us about the chamber of secrets?"

Athena paused. She had been wondering when this question would come up. Speculation had been spreading over the school like wildfire over the last few days. The teachers hadn't been given much instruction on the topic, Dumbledore had spent many hours dwelling in his office however Athena had no idea what conclusion he had come to.

"That's not really related to astronomy" Athena laughed lightly,

"Oh please Professor!" Dean Thomas called out. More voices joined his and soon Athena realised that this subject could simply not be avoided.

"Ok, ok" Athena hushed the class, "I'll tell you"

The kids fell silent immediately in wonder. Athena pondered where to begin, she hoped they wouldn't ask her what was currently going on in the school because truthfully she had no idea.

"Well you've all heard the story of the founders of Hogwarts haven't you?"

Some students nodded while others (including Harry) shook their heads,
"There were four founders, one for each house. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin"

Athena began to pace as she talked, her eyes on the night sky as always.

"They were the most powerful wizards of their time so they came together with the idea that they were going to create the best school of magic to ever exist and personally I believe they achieved that"

"However at the time they had very conflicting views. You see, Salazar Slytherin didn't necessarily agree with what they were planning. He was under the impression that only those whose parents were magic should be allowed to come to the school. He believed that way the school would produce the best students possible"

"Of course this wasn't a popular view, the other three disagreed with him. They said that anyone with the gift of magic should be allowed entry into the school. Salazar didn't like this at all but fortunately he was outnumbered"

"Now the next part of the story was believed to be a myth, in Salazar's anger it is speculated that he created a place in the school. A place that none of the other founders knew of. This was called the chamber of secrets"

"It was hidden somewhere and before Salazar left the school, it is said that he placed a dangerous monster down in the chamber to finish the work that he started. To... rid the school of those who didn't match his own expectations"