(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) mclaggen's mistake

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAD CONSTANTLY been looking for ways to distract herself regarding the argument that she had with Remus however now her mind was fully centred on Kennedy and her 'kill-list' she felt she had bigger things to worry about.

It seemed there was a constant cycle of stress hanging over Athena's life. One minute she was worried about the Dumbledore plot and the fact that Draco could accidentally kill a student at any moment then she started worrying about how she was losing her best friend to a slow killing disease and a murderous revenge plot and finally she stressed about losing the love of her life to a stupid argument.

Surprisingly, Remus had now taken a backseat in Athena's very worrisome head because she couldn't imagine actually losing him again. Remus would come back from hiding out with the wolves and he would realise his mistakes. At some point it would become clear what Athena was lying about and why and they could get over it with a laugh, smile and apology.

At least that's how she hoped it would turn out.

Right now, she didn't want to bother herself thinking about it since she had a million other things going on. Despite Kennedy suggesting she might stay in touch, she hadn't. Although it had only been two weeks since Kennedy had shown up at Hogwarts demanding that Snape tell her exactly where her parents were hiding, Athena still worried that the girl would disappear again and only show up at random moments.

Athena could never predict when Kennedy was going to show up because so far she always seemed to arrive when least expected. Athena would never had predicted she would have shown up at the burrow on Christmas Day nor in Snape's office when they were arguing about Draco Malfoy.

She presumed their paths would cross again however only when Athena stopped looking out for her. Until that day, Athena decided to place her other worry at the forefront of her mind.

That worry was of course, Draco Malfoy.

Ron was going to make a full recovery but was still due to be in the hospital wing for a few more days. He seemed glad to tell his heroic tale of surviving a poisoning to anyone who would listen. Athena was of course incredibly glad that Ron was going to be ok but that didn't stop her from worrying about what could have happened if Harry hadn't been quick at thinking.

She'd seen Draco walking about the school. He sulked in the shadows. It was unlike him. Athena recalled the boy used to draw attention to himself in any way he could. Always handing out jeers and laughs, bullying bypassing students to his hearts content.

Now with this incredibly large burden on his back, he seemed to have outgrown his previous character and taken on a new persona. Athena wondered when he had last slept comfortably. She could recognise the signs of insomnia from miles away having dealt with it herself. It wasn't simply a lack of sleep every once in a while, it was a routine of being awake, a torturous night of frustration. Athena recalled when it had first started for her. The wonder whether sleep would ever come easily again. Sometimes it was hard to remember what true relaxation felt like.