(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓) aura

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"SHE'S STRANGE, THAT ELEANOR LUPIN" said Sybil Trelawny as Athena stepped into the heavily perfumed room. Sybil was sat polishing her favourite crystal ball as she frowned into the surface. Athena ignored the glass object on the table as she took the seat opposite, feeling awfully like a student again.

"How come?" Athena asked lazily,

"She believes she can see the future in her dreams, a very unlikely statement if you ask me. From looking at her, she doesn't seem one who would possess the gift of sight"

"She can see the future in her dreams" Athena replied, "she has the gift of foresight, at least that's what Dumbledore told me"

"Dumbledore?" Sybil frowned, "and he believes this?"

"Yes he seems to"

"Well this is ridiculous" Sybil huffed, "how is this more believable than my entire subject!"

Athena sighed as she lay her chin against her hands. Her head was burning with pain as her eyes settled on the clouds in the glass in front of her.

"It's exactly the same premises" Sybil continued, "seeing into the future is what divination is! Dumbledore is the statement of hypocrisy sometimes I wonder why I work for that man"

"I completely agree" Athena muttered, "he's just biased Sybil, it's because he's he's terrible at divination"

Sybil laughed loudly, it came out as a harsh snort as she stopped polishing the crystal ball. Her absence from the place in front of it allowed the light to shimmer through it, casting an interesting milky blue shape over the table cloth in front of Athena.

However her eyes were now completely tuned on the glass ball in front of her. Without realising, her brain seemed to have connected to it and now the clouds were moving. Her heart began to race, she'd only been admiring the serene beauty of the world outside and had no interest in seeing any visions.

Yet she couldn't look away, fixated on the swirling clouds as though they were drugs to her mind. Athena had vowed to never look into a crystal ball until it was quite necessary, until Harry was older. That's for sure.

Sybil seemed to have noticed Athena's stare at the surface of the glass and she frowned. Athena watched as the image formed before her eyes, she saw the red jagged surface of a jewel. Glowing in fire light and looking immaculate against stone.

Lights seemed to flicker off it, the stone was in the centre of the picture, it was the centre of everything. Athena wasn't stupid, I'm only a few seconds she had realised what she was looking at. This philosophers stone. Shining bright in flames, red as rubies yet so much more deadly.

It was strange to connote immortality with the idea of death but in Athena's mind life was purely a connecting cycle. Breaking this cycle would never bring anything good, many died in attempts to gain it.