(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) unwelcome visit

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAD STUCK TO HER WORD about not telling anyone what had happened to Hermione. She knew that the trio would be in heaps of trouble if this was found out and she wondered how they managed to work their way into situations such as this to begin with.

Hermione recovered more and more each day. After a week the only difference in her appearance was the fact that her eyes were a light yellow. Athena at least hoped that the group would move on past their theories of Draco being Slytherins heir.

Saying that, it seemed the school were still set on the idea that Harry was behind the attacks. The boy was still being avoided and often feared. As the new year approached, it felt as though everyone was waiting for something to happen.

It had been a while since the last attack and Athena was beginning to wonder whether there was even a small possibility that this ordeal could be over. Even when she thought it, she couldn't imagine it to be true. Athena got the strange foreshadowing feeling that things had to get worse before they could get better.

Athena didn't have lessons over the Christmas holiday, the school was still barren of students and it felt wrong. She very rarely ever stayed at school over the holidays. She hadn't for about seven years and now walking around was bringing around bad memories.

She couldn't deny that she was upset and angered about the situation regarding Ben. Athena had nothing much to do except to worry about it. She was glad that it was her choice to get in contact, he didn't have a number or location for her. She felt that if he did, she'd be receiving an ambush of calls and letters which she didn't want to deal with.

Athena wondered if Ben realised how irrational he was being, how selfish he acted to talk about Carol with those sickly eyes and not see the smallest problem. Maybe Athena was simply jealous however she had every right to be.

Carol seemed to be all he cared about anymore. All he talked about. She was making all his dreams come true and suddenly Athena wasn't sure how she could compete with that anymore.

She thought about the words that he'd yelled to her, the ones that she'd hurled back. They'd never faced a problem such as this. Athena wasn't used to seeing him angry, it wasn't something that she wanted to get used to. This Ben wasn't the one that she wanted to know.

Athena wondered whether things would just go back to normal when she returned back to the Manchester street. Whether he'd welcome her with open arms and profuse apologies.

She wondered whether she should pick up the phone from that telephone box and dial his familiar number. Whether he'd answer in a fluster, telling her that he'd been so worried about them, or whether he'd hear the ring and simply switch his mind away from her.