(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) better to be left alone

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE FIRST FEW WEEKS PASSED THE same as they always did. She was surprised that nothing had happened yet. It seemed that Harry's presence on the school had acted like a catalyst for weird things to occur.

However so far the days were the same, mirrored and boring. She couldn't complain, after all the excitement from the previous year Athena wondered whether a normal year was exactly what she needed.

She found herself wandering around outside. The glorious summer days had spread over to September meaning that the warmth was pooling over the grass and the lake. The lights shimmered in the surface of the water and Athena found herself awfully mesmerised as she looked around it.

Finding herself in the old clearing where her and Kennedy had once sat, Athena spotted a lone figure sketching something onto a note pad. His frame was hunched over the paper as his pencil etched art from his mind.

Athena recognised the lanky frame and light blonde hair that was collected sunlight as it glistened around his neck.

"Patrick" Athena smiled, making her presence known as she walked over. The tall fifth year looked up in surprise but smiled to see her there.

"Hello Professor" he grinned. Patrick Larson had been her student for the first four years of his Hogwarts experience. He'd easily become one of her favourites because of his interest in the stars. The Ravenclaw reminded her a lot of her younger self.

"How are the OWLs going?" Athena asked as she walked further into the clearing, leaning against a tree as she gazed out over the lake.

"Good" he smiled, "I wish you were still my teacher though"

"I know it's a shame" Athena frowned, "but I don't teach exam classes, that's my sisters job. How are you finding her?"

"Alright" Patrick replied, "not as good as you of course"

"Well obviously not" Athena laughed lightly, "she tends to me more strict, I presume she's setting you a lot of work"

"You could say that" Patrick nodded, "I expected it though"

"Not revising already?" Athena asked,

"Unfortunately not" Patrick sighed, "Anna keeps hounding me to do work, of course she does more than me and she's in fourth year"

Athena knew that Anna was one of Patrick's closest friends, she didn't teach her this year either which was a shame. She took the fourth year Hufflepuff's and Slytherins which thankfully meant she didn't have to teacher Eleanor Lupin either. Not that she had anything against the girl, she simply didn't like the memories that she introduced.

"I don't think I ever revised this early" Athena pondered,

"You shouldn't tell me that" Patrick smiled, "you are a teacher after all"