(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) twisted fate

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS RIGHT IN THINKING that her sister would be good at looking after Hope. So far she was nearly as good as Rena when it came to calming the baby down or stopping her from crying.

Although the threat of the war was growing as they entered the month of May, Athena was rather enjoying the little household that they had created. She felt safe inside the cottages walls. With protective enchantments cast by Dominique, Aurora, and Remus she was sure that they didn't have to worry about anyone finding them.

She was also loving every moment of being a mother. It was something she was extremely proud of. Athena had survived a war, had a prophecy made about her, led many students to success yet nothing seemed quite as amazing as having her own child.

It was certainly an accomplishment. Never before had she appreciated mother's so much. This really put it into perspective how strong they all were. She found herself thinking of Molly Weasley and wondering how on Earth she managed to go through the pain Athena had undergone so many times. She was either very brave or very stupid, or maybe both.

Nothing much changed about Hope in the next month. Her hair grew slightly and she became less wrinkly but there were no major changes. Babies wouldn't talk for months after they were born but Hope definitely knew how to make a lot of other noises.

Athena was glad it wasn't just her and Remus looking after Hope. Of course it would have been like that in other circumstances and Athena thought to herself that they wouldn't have managed. With four people, the process of looking after Hope was only just manageable.

Athena did the most work considering that she was the mother but she was very grateful for the others around her always helping in any way that they possibly could.

Remus and Dominique would often take Hope out for small walks in her stroller so the young girl could get some fresh air. Athena and Aurora were still worried about going outside in case death eaters were lingering around.

As soon as Hope left the comfort of the house, Athena would feel on edge. Her and Aurora would try and distract each other by talking about the last few months but it never really worked. However Dominique, Remus and Hope always made it back to the cottage safely.

Athena never really doubted them. She knew both of them were very careful and would do anything in their power to protect Hope. Anyway, Hope needed fresh air and sometimes sitting in the garden wasn't good enough.

If life could have stayed like this, Athena would have loved it. Life was simple, even with a baby. For once, not everything in Athena's life was about the war. For a moment she felt as though she was worth more than the prophecy that had been made about her.

However, Athena had common sense. She always knew that she couldn't ignore her fate forever. Even at night when she sat with Hope in her arms, lightly singing her to sleep. She knew that this simplicity, this happiness was not what she had been intended for.