(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) ron weasley

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH ATHENA?" Harry had asked professor Aurora Sinistra one early morning in late February, "she hasn't been herself since the beginning of term"

"She's going through a hard time" Aurora replied simply. Even she had found it hard to get a word out of her sister. Aurora wasn't sure what was going on. All she knew was that Remus was away spying on the werewolves and they'd argued before he left. Aurora didn't know what they'd argued about. She had tried asking many times but Athena simply didn't want to talk about it.

Aurora didn't know how to get through to her sister. This has been the case fifteen years ago. Sometimes it felt as though she were talking to a brick wall incapable of really hearing the encouraging words she was using. Aurora knew Athena could hear her but it's as though her sister couldn't understand her. As though these encouraging words didn't mean anything at all.

Athena was in a kind of slump. Only waking up for her lessons, forgetting when it was dinner or lunch as though she didn't even feel hungry. Her lessons were off game too. Usually, Athena could talk about the stars confidently without losing her place or forgetting what she was going to say. Now she was stumbling over her words so much that the students were becoming confused what she was trying to say.

In short, by early March everyone had noticed the damper on Athena's mood. Whether she was aware of this, Aurora didn't know. Usually she walked around full of smiles or advice, always ready to make people feel better. Now it was obvious she wasn't herself. Even when students said hello she would only give a faint smile in response, her eyes blurred as though she wasn't even there.

"You need to snap out of this" Aurora said suddenly, looking up at her sister who was burning random pieces of paper with her wand across the room, "everyone can tell you're upset and we're all worried about you, at least tell me what's going on"

Athena watched as a particularly large piece of paper went up in flames. The orange light burnt in her eyes for a moment before she dropped it into the bin next to her to dance with the rest of the blackened, charred paper.

"Rena come on" Aurora sighed, "if you talk about it I might be able to help"

"You won't" Athena shook her head, "things will work themselves out, they always work out"

"Is this about Remus?" Aurora asked blankly, "if he's said something to upset you, I swear to god—"

"He just said the truth I suppose" Athena murmured, "it isn't what he said, it's what he did"

"What did he do?" Aurora asked, grateful to be getting anything out of her sister.

"He left" Athena stated simply, "seems to be under the impression he isn't coming back"

"He'll come back, of course he'll come back" Aurora scoffed, "he's smart, he won't make the same mistake again. He loves you Rena and I'm sure everything he said was just out of anger"