(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) sapphire's party

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

EVERY YEAR, ATHENA WOULD BE INVITED TO HER cousins eccentric new years party and unfortunately every year she had to attend. Aurora always managed to turn it down however Athena just couldn't.

She was never extremely close with her cousins. Athena had seen them around every Christmas to an extent. However after the war she had barely seen them at all for a while.

Athena had two cousins (technically she had three cousins considering that Aurora wasn't her sister however she never really talked about or thought about that). They were the two children of her aunt Honey.

Honey had died back in 1978 and Athena had found her. Since then she hadn't really liked seeing her cousins, somehow she felt guilty for not being able to reach their mother sooner. However her cousins never blamed her, no one blamed her because in the end there was nothing that Athena would have been able to do.

Another solid reason why she didn't like seeing her cousins was because the eldest (Sapphire) looked exactly like Honey had. Down to the smallest detail, the fairy nose, scattering freckles, doe eyes and curly hair. She was almost an exact copy of her mother and this didn't exactly bring back amazing memories for Athena.

Athena had always been closer with Grey who was the youngest of the two. However back in 1982, Grey had moved to Barcelona and no one (except Sapphire) has really heard from him since. Athena hadn't been very close with him since childhood however she did occasionally miss him.

Aurora and Sapphire hadn't been very close either but they had gotten along. Sapphire was different to both the Sinistra sisters, she was wild and free spirited. Sapphire threw amazing parties, the best that people said they'd ever been to. Sapphire liked to consider herself like a Gatsby of the real world however Sapphire had never read the book and Athena didn't have the heart to tell her how tragic Gatsby's story really was.

Athena only went to the New Years parties and the ones on Sapphire's birthdays in June. Apart from that she often made extensive efforts to stay away from her large London house that looked like something out of a vogue magazine.

Sapphire lived with two of her closest friends Richie and Octavia. They were both as creative, crazy and alive as Sapphire however Athena didn't know either of them well enough to make actual assumptions. All she knew was that Octavia was rich which was the only reason why they'd been able to afford living in such a large house.

All three of these housemates were from magical families however only Richie had attended Hogwarts. Octavia and Sapphire had attended Durmstrang which was somewhere in Europe (no one knew the exact location as it was guarded by the strongest secrecy).

Although Athena wished that she didn't have to attend these parties every year, on December 31st she found herself standing outside this large house looking at the bright lights and hearing the jovial sounds of laughter coming from within.