(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏) weasleys wizard weases

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HARRY POTTER: THE CHOSEN ONE?

Rumors continue to fly about the mysterious recent disturbance at the Ministry of Magic, during which He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was sighted once more.

"We're not allowed to talk about it, don't ask me anything," said one agitated Obliviator, who refused to give his name as he left the Ministry last night.

Nevertheless, highly placed sources within the Ministry have confirmed that the disturbance centered in the fabled Hall of Prophecy.

Though Ministry spokeswizards have hitherto refused even to confirm the existence of such a place, a growing number of the Wizarding community believe that the Death Eaters now serving sentences in Azkaban for trespass and attempted theft were attempting to steal a prophecy. The nature of that prophecy is unknown, although speculation is rife that it concerns Harry Potter, the only person ever known to have survived the Killing Curse, and who is also known to have been at the Ministry on the night in question. Some are going so far as to call Potter 'the Chosen One,' believing that the prophecy names him as the only one who will be able to rid us of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

The current whereabouts of the prophecy, if it exists, are unknown, although (cont. page 2, column 5)

Athena placed down the paper in agitation, letting it hit against the wooden table before she rifled in the piles for another one. For ages she had been simply ignoring the news. It annoyed her that the ministry were now blurring them lines of truth and lies yet still managing to get everything very wrong.

She'd been given a full pardon regarding any illegal activity and it was now common news that Sirius Black had been innocent for years. This frustrated her more than anything else. If Dumbledore had simply told the ministry this all those years ago, Sirius would have had the chance at a normal life, a pleasant one.

Athena was placing the majority of her anger towards Dumbledore. He was the cause for all of this. Although the minister and him had never seen eye to eye, he was still a trustworthy figure who evidently could have gotten Sirius' name cleared if he wanted to.

Another thing annoying Athena was the facts Dumbledore was still keeping. For example, there was no evidence anywhere that Theodore Sanders was being painted as innocent. Of course Dumbledore knew the truth about Theodore yet he was neglecting to get the boys name cleared for some reason that was causing Athena a lot of fury.

It wasn't as though it was entirely necessary to get Theodore's name cleared considering that he was with the death eaters and probably had no way of thinking for himself at this current time but Athena still hated seeing the Sanders name slandered at every given opportunity.

She supposed the mistrust of her own name in the ministry didn't really matter anymore considering that Cornelius Fudge had been forced to resign from his position as minister for magic. Athena wasn't surprised at this, he'd been doing a terrible job after all trying to cover up the truth. After the Sirius scandal that had been gracing the papers, it was only a matter of time before he did the right thing and resigned.