(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) hope

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THROUGH FEBRUARY Athena tried to push any thought of the war to the back of her mind. Although this was hard, right now she had to concentrate on her child. It was obvious that it wouldn't be long until Hope would be born. Athena could see the lines of lighter skin stretching up her sides. She didn't like the way that it looked. She didn't like the way that her body had changed. Somehow she hadn't considered this when she'd first become pregnant.

Remus on the other hand continued to appreciate everything about her. At night he'd trace his fingers over the stretch marks on her stomach and tell her they were lines of how brave she was. He told her that many people went into a fight for the ones they loved but even he couldn't imagine the pain that she was going through bringing Hope into the world. He said it was a miracle. Athena thought so too.

She hadn't even realised she would be able to grow so large. Athena couldn't see her feet below her when she walked around, she couldn't bend down and she could barely fit under the kitchen table.

It was very difficult to get comfortable. Athena could only fall asleep in very specific positions. Lying on her back was surprisingly painful. She often lay on her side and only struggled when she wanted to turn over. For that, she would have to wake Remus up.

Dominique and Remus were being great about it all. They always got her whatever she needed without question. Athena often had strange requests when it came to food but sometimes she simply wanted something passing from across the room. She felt as though she were dragging an extra weight with her when she stood up. Probably because she was.

Of course she worried as February came to an end that March was the month that she was due. She felt it was strangely fitting considering that her and Remus were both born in March. However her main worry was the fact that she couldn't go to a hospital.

Even St Mungo's had been taken over by death eater surveillance now considering that it was owned by the ministry. Athena would be shipped away to Azkaban as soon as she walked though the doors even if she was in labour.

Neither Dominique nor Remus knew anything about delivering a child which is what scared Athena. She wished her sister was here. Aurora would know what to do in any situation. Even one she had no experience in.

Unfortunately there was still no news from Aurora. Athena was still holding onto faith that she would come back but everyday she became more and more anxious about what may have happened to her sister. Aurora was strong and she could survive a lot but she had been missing for so long. Surely by now the death eaters would have realised that she knew nothing.

Athena often dreamt about her sister. She dreamt that Aurora would walk back through the kitchen door into their lives again. She dreamt that she would be sitting by her bed when she opened her eyes.

Aurora had always been her protecter. The one person who had been by her side through everything. No matter what, her sister would be there. Aurora was the only person who had never left Athena and that meant a lot to her. More than she had ever said to Rory. If something happened to her, Athena would never forgive herself for not saying the words of love always present in her mind.