(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) family

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"SHE LOOKS LIKE YOU" Remus murmured as he rocked the young girl in his arms.

"She's a baby" Athena pointed out warily, "she doesn't look like me"

"She does... look" Remus continued as he moved to sit down on the bed beside her. Hope was a surprisingly quiet child. She usually stayed silent during the day except for laughs and hiccups. It was at night when she started crying. Athena knew this was driving Remus and Dominique crazy but she didn't really mind considering that she barely slept anyway.

Hope blinked up at her parents with a tiny smile on her face. Athena was sure she got cuter everyday. She was still merely a month old meaning she was still feeble and slightly wrinkly but as the days went by her eyes turned from dark blue to a chocolate brown. Her skin was only slightly lighter than Athena's and the dark curls she had already grown confirmed she was her mothers daughter.

"It's the eyes" Athena whispered, "we have the same eye colour"

"She's going to be absolutely beautiful if she looks anything like you" Remus smiled, "which she will. Can you believe this is our daughter?"

"Yes I can believe it considering that I had to give birth to her" Athena laughed, "I'll never forget that"

"No I won't either" Remus sighed as he rested the side of his face against Athena's head. Both of them stared down in silence at Hope for a moment. They'd been doing that a lot. Sometimes Athena felt she had to look at her. It was so incredible that this was her baby blinking up at her.

So far, Athena believed Hope had been a dream. She wasn't sure what she had expected. After the traumatic experience of giving birth, Athena had had expected what came after to continue the horror. However it was quite the opposite.

It was rather tiring caring for a child but Athena already knew she would be good at it. Of course there was always that stress among new mothers that suggested they weren't cut out to care for something so small but as soon as Athena had held her daughter in her hands she had known that she would do anything for her. Anything at all.

"She's perfect" Athena murmured under her breath as Hope laughed quietly.

She couldn't believe that she wouldn't be a baby forever. That at some point in life, everyone had been this small. One day Hope would start talking, start walking. One day she'd go off to Hogwarts. Maybe one day she'd have a child of her own. It was crazy to think about. Athena wanted her to stay small forever. She wanted to remember every moment that she stared down at her.

Athena wanted to see every moment of her daughters life. She wanted to be by her side every step of the way. However with the war coming to their doorstep, Athena was beginning to worry that she wouldn't be able to see her first birthday never mind the rest of her life.