(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) dog bite

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ALWAYS WENT AROUND quickly however this time, Athena wasn't exactly complaining. She felt as though the two weeks had been filled with talks of publishers, book covers and Carol.

She supposed the excitement would wear off by the summer which she was glad of. Athena didn't want to sound bitter or selfish yet she would rather talk about things that included her.

Never had she felt so secluded from everything going on in his life. Athena always made many attempts to keep her life separate from his. Their relationship was simply that, it didn't disrupt anything that went on in their normal life which was why Ben didn't necessarily need to know about the wizarding world.

This had never bothered Athena before, it left more time for them to spend with each other where they could just be themselves rather than a product of the lives they had lived.

Maybe Athena was changing her mind, maybe all the talk of books and publishers had made her realise their differences, made her realise how much of his life she was missing out on. She was away so much, it had never mattered before, they had dealt with it but now... well she wondered whether it was slowly taking a toll on them.

Athena tried to push this to the back of her mind for the two weeks. However she'd done this so much with so many little things that the back of her mind was seemingly out of storage.

Anyway, after her two weeks of isolation and expectations, she was heading back to Hogwarts. It wasn't as though she hadn't enjoyed herself, sometimes a break was exactly what she needed and this wasn't the opposite of the case this year.

Athena just felt as though she'd blinked and missed the parts of the two weeks that she usually enjoyed. She felt as though they'd been on fast forward whereas their conversations about his book had been on slow motion.

She was happy for him, she really was. Yet she didn't see a place for her in this new life he was building up. She wondered if she was factored in at all. Why should she be? After all, she barely even saw him anymore.

Trusting that the summer would improve this condition, Athena had worked her way though Easter as she always would. Athena didn't voice her concerns to Ben, usually she'd always talk to him. It was one of the better things about them, she wasn't afraid to tell him how she felt.

Athena hadn't wanted to put a damper on how Ben was feeling. She could see that he was on cloud nine, almost reaching the top of the world and Athena vowed not to be the one to pull him down.

They'd spent time together yet it felt as though she'd been alone for at least half of the time. She was beginning to question whether she was needed at all. Athena knew she was being stupid but she couldn't help but feel... lost in a way.

She was for once glad to see the silhouette of the school come into view as she rounded the corner in Hogsmede. The spiralling turrets that touched the clouds, the way the sun hit against the dark stone. Athena felt a warmth in her heart which could only be correlated to her returning home.