(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) envy

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA STAYED IN THE SCHOOL FOR the first week of the Christmas holidays however it turned out that there wasn't much point. As most students had made the decision to go home, Athena felt as though she was walking through a skeleton of the usual jovial atmospheres.

Ben hadn't been happy to hear that Athena would be spending even less time with him. The phone call had given her the fleeting worry that she was making the wrong decision, that her mind had yet again made a big deal out of nothing.

However, when she actually left the school and apperated into the dismal backstreet of Manchester, she didn't feel as welcomed as usual. Athena still had that strange feeling that told her that she'd rather be anywhere else.

She wasn't sure when this had started but she didn't like it. The feeling was unwelcome and too familiar for her liking. Athena felt as though she was stepping into an old life, a foreign relationship. Not a relationship that she had been a part of for over six years.

That's definitely not what it felt like. Sometimes she forgot how long she'd been in this relationship in the first place. Athena often felt that her and Ben weren't as close as they should be for the time had been together. There was so much he didn't know about her and Athena regularly got the impression that there was a lot that she didn't know about him.

Nevertheless, she hoped that this was simply a haze of fog that would pass. Her mind often corrupted all of her other senses. Athena had dealt with anxiety a lot in the past and she'd let it ruin things for her time and time again. She didn't want it to ruin this, she worried she'd regret it later.

Knocking on the door, Athena held her bag tight in her hand and looked up at the grey sky wondering if they would get any snow this year. It seemed unlikely, Athena thought that the sky was predicting rain rather than snow.

The door flew open and Athena looked back down in surprise. Ben was beaming at her, his smile didn't do much to comfort her as it usually did yet she returned the grin anyway.

"Oh I've missed you" Ben sighed as he placed his hands on either side of her face and pulled her in towards him. She hadn't been prepared for such a sudden gesture and it took her a moment to relax. Athena's shoulders dropped slightly as the friendly fluttering feeling moved within her.

"Sorry I couldn't come back earlier" Athena smiled as she moved away, "the school is in complete chaos at the moment"

"What's going on?" He asked lightly, closing the door behind her.

Athena pondered to herself for a moment. How could she explain that there was a terrifying monster going around the school placing students into a complete frozen state and only the juice of screaming plants could save them?

"Chicken pox" Athena concluded with a small frown.

"Ah, nasty stuff" Ben nodded, "you didn't catch it did you?"