(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟒) ginny weasley

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS TEACHING WHEN SHE HEARD IT, echoing through the corridors came Professor McGonagall's voice, magically magnified.

"All students to return to their House dormitories at once. All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

Her heart dropped straight away as the eyes of many students turned to stare at her.

"Go back to your common room" she stated as clearly as she could without her voice shaking out of worry.

"What's going on?" One of the students asked.

"I'm not sure yet but you need to go back to your common room" Athena repeated, "will you make it back ok?"

The sixth year students nodded as they started to pack up their bags. Without a second glance, Athena turned and strode out of the room with her heart beating faster than it ever had.

There had been another attack. What if this time they'd looked the snake in the face. This could have been resolved if they'd sent the students home earlier, if she'd told them about what the monster was.

Thoughts were exploding in her mind like fireworks, her legs aching from the pace that she was pushing them and all around students were pressing in the other direction talking in low, scared, hushed whispers.

She could barely make it through the barrier of fretting students. Athena heard her name being called but she couldn't stop, she had to know what was going on. Never did she see another teacher, they'd all be there waiting.

What if questions were spiralling her subconscious. Athena felt like curling up and crying before she even knew what was happening. She had heard the panic in McGonagall's tone and she cared about the students more than she often let on.

Athena and the other teachers had a duty to keep the students safe and right now it felt as though she'd failed. Even if this was just another petrifaction, it shouldn't have happened, they should have ensured the childrens' safety while they could have.

The staff room door was right up ahead and Athena pushed open the door with more force than she had intended. The door banged open and her eyes collided with the congregation of teachers already inside.

It seemed that the majority of them were there. McGonagall was white as a sheet and sitting down in one of the larger chairs while Madame Pomfrey fussed over her. The woman looked close to passing out and Athena had never seen her like that before.

Aurora was looking at her sister through terrified eyes which made everything even worse. If Aurora was scared, something very bad had happened. Athena felt sick at the thought.

Many of the other teachers mirrored Athena's feeling of confusion such as Snape, Flitwick and Sprout. Athena was glad that she wasn't the only one who didn't know what was going on.