(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) september sun

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT SEEMED THAT EVERYONE WAS TOO obsessed with the idea of the Triwizard tournament to care about actual school work anymore. Athena theorised that this might happen. The excitement had given everyone the impression that their studies didn't matter anymore which certainly wasn't the case.

Students were still preparing for exams at the end of the following year yet for now Athena could hear whispers of foreign schools and magical quests at the back of her lessons.

She didn't exactly blame them. Athena would have been the exact same if this had been going on when she was at school. It was impossible to see a way that the students could concentrate while spending all their time thinking about the tournament. Athena wasn't exactly sure that this was the perfect tournament to host within a school year however she appreciated that it provided some entertainment to the regular constructed days.

Athena had been striding through the corridors back towards her office when she spotted a lone figure sat beside one of the larger windows. He was staring out of it, entranced by the beauty through the glass however it looked as though he wasn't seeing at all.

Neville looked slightly lost, his eyes were faintly misted and unblinking. His skin seemed paler as he stared out of the window. Athena frowned immediately, turning in her path and walking towards Neville.

"Everything alright?" Athena asked.

Neville jumped, obviously startled. He stared up at her, calculating what to say. Athena could practically see the cogs in his mind turning.

"Neville?"

"I'm fine" Neville replied simply. Athena didn't believe this for one second. She could see it in the shifting eye contact and the way that he was pressing down on his fingernails for something to do.

"No you're not" Athena sighed, moving forwards and sitting on the windowsill beside him. Often, Athena worried that Neville saw himself as a second choice. Athena didn't mean to spend most of her time worrying over Harry however sometimes it was impossible not to.

Harry was always getting himself into trouble and this meant that Neville wasn't Athena's main concern. He was never forgotten, Athena just presumed that he was perfectly capable looking after himself. However in this moment Athena began to realise that this probably wasn't true.

"It's nothing" Neville shook his head. As Athena sat in front of him she noticed that his eyes were faintly red as though he had been rubbing them.

Athena often felt that life was flashing before her eyes. All of the students just kept growing, she would blink and they'd be taller than her.

Neville was no exception. Over the summer he'd grown in height. He wasn't as tall as her yet but he was getting there. His hair was in curls over his head and his robes were definitely too short for him, not that he'd ever say anything.