6 | Partnership (2)

Juilliard School, New York

Today was the 2nd and final day of the showcase

Today was the 2nd and final day of the showcase. Seungho, Seokhoon, Rona, Ryo and Jong Hyeop would all be performing today. The rest of the group were already seated inside the venue. I wonder what kind of collaborations the rest will have.

Knowing their creativity, I suspect Seokhoon's, Rona's and Ryo's one to sort of blow us away.

What about Seungho?

Oh sorry So Hyun, I was not discrediting him. Haha, I am sure he would be creative as well. So Hyun smiled, she knew George didn't mean it that way. She was just teasing. The lights went dim, day 2 of the showcase had begun. The first person of the group to perform was Seungho. The pair had chosen to go classic and chose the piece 'Morgen Op. 27 Richard Strauss'

*Just ignore the violin and other instruments - it is a piano and vocal duet 

The pair definitely had chemistry and Seungho did a good job by following and supporting the vocalist. I think if you danced to Seungho's piano it would have been better. Yoo Jung whispered. So Hyun blushed, she had wished that was possible. Sadly the collaboration was only within the Faculty of Music so the dance students could not participate. She hoped maybe in the future that would be possible. After Seungho had finished, it was now Ryo's turn. 

Ryo also paired with another 3rd year female pianist. The song that they had chosen was a jazz rendition of "Fly Me to the Moon" This was the first time that the group had heard Ryo sing a piece that was not an opera or classical number. As Ryo began to sing, his voice sounded like it changed a bit. He changed the tonality and the style of his voice to suit the jazz quality of the arrangement.

Ryo must have practiced really hard to change the overall sound of his voice.

Yeah, seems like he wants to showcase a different side to who he is as an artist. Ryo's voice suits jazz actually.

Agree Yoo Jung, I think he can very much make it as a jazz singer if he really wanted to. Stephanie and Yoo Jung were discussing Ryos' singing as they heard him. Ryo typically liked to stick to the classics but the fact that he is singing a pop jazz song, showed that he was expanding his repertoire and experimenting. As an artist, as much as it is important to get the classic techniques perfected, it also helps when an artist is willing to experiment and play around with different styles. Now only would this teach the artist more about their style of singing or playing, but it gives them a feel of what are some of the possible areas one can pursue besides the usual classic route.