70 | Gifts

Yosemite National Park, USA

At about 5pm, everyone gathered at the cabin. They were all in the kitchen preparing a Christmas spread for dinner. Each person taking one dish, the girls gave the men (minus George) simple dishes to complete - like a salad, fruits or frying up some meat. By 6pm, with everyone's combined effort dinner was done. Everything was nicely plated and served. The biggest dish of the entire dinner was the roasted chicken that was served. Luckily they chose not to buy such a huge chicken so it did not take that long to roast in the oven. There were several other vegetable dishes and mashed potatoes and more. It was a scrumptious meal.

With a glass of wine, the gang soon tucked into their Christmas dinner

With a glass of wine, the gang soon tucked into their Christmas dinner. There was much noise around the dinner table. Dishes were being passed around making sure everyone had a chance to try everything that had been prepared. Everyone was having a wonderful time, for Seokhoon and Rona in particular this was really the first time they were celebrating Christmas with someone else besides their family members. Rona looked around the table and was reminded once again of the friends they had made as a result of Juilliard. Rona knew that once the two of them graduated, the chances of seeing their friends would be greatly reduced - especially if they were going to be living in another country all together. So knowing this, Rona knew she had to treasure the company now more so than ever. She has hopes that despite the distance and them getting on with their lives, they would continue to keep in contact with one another.

Dinner was finished and everyone decided to pitch in and help clean up the dining table and kitchen. With the combined effort of everyone, they were able to wash up everything in under 20 minutes. After they had cleaned up the kitchen and dining space, they proceeded to the living room. Yoo Jung had suggested that they watch a movie together but just before that it was time for the gift exchange.

In order to avoid one person buying for so many people, they decided to do Secret Santa this year. So one person only had to buy just one present for another. They had already randomly drawn for one another, Rona was to buy for Yoo Jung and Seokhoon picked George. They were all gathered around the comfortable sofa, with the burning of the fireplace keeping them warm.

Ok who first?

Shall I go first? George volunteered to start the ball rolling first. He walked up to Seungho and gave him his present. Thanks George. Seungho destroyed the wrapping paper, he looked like an excited kid who was opening his presents on Christmas morning. George had given Seungho a black leather backpack.

I know you had been searching for one recently, so I took the liberty to get you one if you don't mind the design. Seungho was elated. No, no. I love it, this is perfect! Thanks George!