62 | Rising Stars

San Francisco, USA

Seokhoon and Rona were finally done with their semester. Right after they finished they immediately flew to San Francisco. They were scheduled to be appearing in two concerts. After the scandal of Grace, Seokhoon and Rona had become really famous. When they had landed in San Francisco, there was actually a group of fans waiting for them when they landed. Seokhoon and Rona were really surprised by this, they knew that they were going to be more well known to the public and the media but to actually have fans of theirs was something they didn't imagine would happen so quickly.

Seokhoon and Rona decided to wave and greet fans as they left the airport rather than rush off. This was the time for them to gather their fan base, so they used this opportunity to meet some of their fans. Rona at first was a bit apprehensive because she thought a lot of these fans only became interested in either of them following the scandal. But as Rona spent time talking to them, it turns out a lot of them start following them after the Queen Elisabeth Competition.

Rona was truly humbled that they took interest in them, after all none of them were idols or artists who were in mainstream music. Classical musical lovers were still niche in the general public so Seokhoon and Rona having fans showed the reach they had with the general public. After a short meet and greet, Seokhoon and Rona left the airport and headed to their rehearsal; they were on a tight schedule. They only had 2 rehearsals before the actual performance on Sunday. The same applies for their next concert the following week.

They headed towards the Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall - one of the largest concert halls in San Francisco and also home to the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. This concert hall would be their home for the next two weeks. Seokhoon and Rona were invited to perform with a world renowned orchestra. Seokhoon and Rona had been practising during their preparation for exams. Seokhoon and Rona were asked to perform their original songs for both concerts. Rona was rather surprised since they were still considered as newbies in the grand scheme of things.

The couple later found out that the reason why they were asked to perform their song from their album was because their album sales were number 1 in terms of classical music albums

The couple later found out that the reason why they were asked to perform their song from their album was because their album sales were number 1 in terms of classical music albums. Seokhoon and Rona had been concentrating on their exams so Jae Rim and Jae Hwan had not told them of the news. Rona was beyond thankful that people not only listened to their music but actually went out to buy the album. It was then that Seokhoon and Rona realised that they were really getting famous fast, as much as they were really humbled by it, they now needed to surround themselves with people they could trust - they had to expand their team, it could no longer consist of just their manager and their publicists. For now, Seokhoon and Rona concentrated on the two performances they had in front of them first. They would think of what to do later on after the road trip.

Even though Seokhoon and Rona had done several of these performances many times, each time was always new and full of nervousness. Seokhoon and Rona were always diligent, making sure to practice every single day, to maintain their standard and also perfect their techniques. Rona and Seokhoon were ready for their performances, with their hard working and humble attitude, the couple gained fans even among the senior singers and musicians. On the day of the concerts,  a portion of the audience were Seokhoon and Rona's fans

Looks like we have a power couple in our midst.

Are you jealous right now?

Well a little, I was young once you know Sophie.

Hahah, I know that Clark but to be jealous of your own students is unbecoming of you.

Well I am a tiny bit jealous but mostly proud. I am really thankful despite the trouble that came their way, they were able to ride it out and even come out on top. I am telling you Sophie, those two are going to be the shining stars that our industry so desperately needs.