153 | Getaway

So life continued over the next 6 months. As Seokhoon said, he and Rona were actively trying to have a child, and also having fun with it at the same time. If they are not on the road or performing, Seokhoon and Rona will try to spend as much time with Hyun Jae as possible. Whenever Hyun Jae was napping or at a playdate, Seokhoon and Rona would be spending time together. A simple date around the town, or just a nice dinner at home. The two made time to make sure they not only concentrated as a family but also as a couple.

Rona felt that she could not be any happier, her life every day was just wonderful. As Hyun Jae grew up, of course as children they would test the patience of even a saint. But Rona never felt alone in her struggles as a mother, Seokhoon was right there beside her sharing her burden. Even when Seokhoon was not at home, Rona had great support within Vienna. Apart from her parents and parents-in-law coming every now and then to visit them, Hye Rim who was already a mother of two gave her much needed advice on parenting. Even though at times Rona felt she had made many mistakes, she always tried to improve.

Apart from a role as a mother, her career was also going smoothly and building steadily. When Rona and Seokhoon first entered the industry, everyone was fascinated by this couple. Over time with newer musicians coming, naturally the spotlight shifted. However, by then Rona and Seokhoon's reputation had grown where they were now seen as seniors and highly respected. It was rather common for new budding classical singers and pianists when interviewed to say that their role models were Seokhoon and Rona. They had a steady stream of performances every single month and their fan base was growing slowly.

What Rona of course loved the most was her love and relationship with her husband. Seokhoon was not only a great and active father, he was a hardworking pianist, most importantly he was a wonderful and attentive husband. He always put Hyun Jae and her first. Rona and Seokhoon were approaching their 5th wedding anniversary. Rona really wanted to use this opportunity to thank Seokhoon for all he has done for her. Taking advantage of the fact that Seokhoon was going to be away for a week prior to their anniversary. Rona went about making the best plan to celebrate it.

When they were younger, travelling was something that excited them. It still does, but now with Hyun Jae, going travelling just the two of them was often not an option. But Rona strengthened her resolve and decided to do a two days trip. But rather than travel outside of Vienna, Rona decided to book a nearby retreat where they could just spend some time together, no interpretation, no children or anything. Rona had already arranged it so that both their managers would make sure they would not be disturbed for those two days. Yoonhee and Yoonchul would be arriving in Vienna and would be taking care of Hyun Jae for them over those two days.

Rona decided to head up towards the mountain for their romantic anniversary. When Seokhoon returned, the following day they were going to be heading for their trip. Rona was beyond excited, oftentimes Seokhoon always took the lead with such things. But Rona was really excited to plan this trip all by herself without his help.

Seokhoon arrived home today, he had a fairly hard schedule so right after he came back home he took a nap. Taking advantage of this, Rona quickly prepared for the last part of the trip. She had arranged the transports and everything all was needed was Hyun Jae being picked up by her parents and off they went. After a good power nap, Seokhoon got up and went to wash up. Once he finished, he spent the next couple of hours with Hyun Jae, and after dinner, Yoonhee and Yoonchul came over. Rona pulled Seokhoon aside slightly.

Seokhoon, I have a surprise for you. We are going on a trip.

A trip?

Yes, you don't need to know where and how to get there, just follow my lead.

Yoonhee and Yoonchul soon said goodbye to the couple, taking Hyun Jae with them. Hyun Jae is going with them.

Yeah. Don't worry about him. This trip is only for the two of us, the next round we can bring Hyun Jae along. Even though Seokhoon would miss Hyun Jae, he could see the excitement in Rona's eyes. He was truly curious about what she had planned. He laughed and nodded. Then let's go.

Where are we going?

To the train station. Peter is going to drop us off. Come on, your clothes are all laid out on the bed, go and change. I will wait for you right here.

It was now Fall and so the weather was slowly getting chilly. They were both dressed in a long trench coat. Once Seokhoon was all changed, they headed out the door and Peter drove them to the train station. About 15 minutes later, their train had arrived and they boarded it.

So you really won't tell me where we are going

No, you will know it when we get there. It won't be long. Rona cuddled next to Seokhoon, leaning her head on his shoulder. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her, protecting her as the two of them observed the scenery outside their window go by.