108 | Being Parents

Argelès-sur-Mer, France

After a nice dinner, the couple decided to head back to their accommodation first, but instead of entering the house, they decided to take a nice long walk along the beach

After a nice dinner, the couple decided to head back to their accommodation first, but instead of entering the house, they decided to take a nice long walk along the beach. The sun had set already and the summer heat had disappeared. The breeze from the sea actually made walking along the beach a bit chilly. Seokhoon felt Rona shiver. Do you want to head back?

No no, I am just a little cold that is all.

Seokhoon took out a beach blanket and laid it on the sand. How about we just sit down for a while? Rona nodded and the two of them sat on the blanket. Rona rested her entire body on Seokhoon as the two of them just looked out in silence at the sea. The sound of the waves crashing onto the beach and the seagull cry was just perfect. Rona closed her eyes and her body soon relaxed. She felt the warm arms of her husband hug her waist, sharing his warmth with her. She smiled and turned her face towards her neck, burying her face. Seokhoon smiled against her forehead and closed his eyes.

The couple stayed silent for some time, all that could be heard was just the sound of nature around them. Then Rona broke the silence. Seokhoon-ah. I love you. He opened his eyes and saw that Rona was staring at him, wide-eyed and eyes filled with love. He smiled and kissed her lightly on her lips. I love you too Rona. With all my heart, my fibre and everything in between. Seokhoon tightened his hold around her and kissed her hard. Rona broke the kiss and stared deeply into her husband's eyes. There was just something magnetic about Seokhoon that drew Rona like a moth to a flame.

Thank you Seokhoon, for everything.

You don't ever need to thank me. Whatever I am doing for you, is the least I can do for you baby. Seokhoon kissed her nose and smiled. I wouldn't have reached this stage and be this happy if it weren't for you as well. Rona stayed silent and then whispered what her worries had been lately.

Do you think we would be good parents? Seokhoon was a bit surprised by the question because between the two of them, Seokhoon was the one with the bad parent. Even though Seokhoon knew that Rona's father (not birth father) was never really in her life, seeing Yoonhee, she was a good mother, compared to his father. Between the two, Seokhoon had 100% faith that Rona would be the better of the two.

I have absolute faith that you will be a good mother, Rona.

You will be a good father too.

Then we will both be good parents. I know looking at our past is a bit iffy but we have proven that we are stronger than our past. Am I anything like my father?

Of course not! You are so much better than that, 10000x better!

Haha, well then we have learnt from our parents' mistakes. I don't doubt that we won't make mistakes but what is important is that we are together and we learn. All we can do is just try our best to be perfect parents as much as possible, but at the end of the day, we will always love our child. Rona smiled hearing Seokhoon's answer, she nodded in agreement. Even though she had her own fears regarding becoming a good parent, at least she was not doing this alone.

What do you want?

Hmmm?

A girl or a boy?

Oh... that... Hmmm, I never really thought about it. I would love either one, but when I think about having a mini Rona running around I think I would adore that baby girl a lot.

Do I have to get jealous of my own daughter?

Hahaha, I will always be first and foremost your husband. What about you? Girl or boy?

I like a girl but I also love the idea of having a boy. Growing up, I wished for siblings and the one I really wanted was an older brother, someone who would protect and look out for me. So I think I want a boy first.

I am fine either way, speaking of children. How many children?

Well definitely 2 or more, I don't want our child to be a single child, it can be a very lonely existence with no companion.

Hmm, I like the idea of 2 or more. I was hoping for at least 3....

3? Hmmm. Well let's hope it's not three boys or three girls, a mix would be good.

I like that sound. Well we can just keep trying until we get it right. Seokhoon smirked and kissed Rona hard on the lips. The night had gotten darker and colder and soon both of them sought warmth from each other. I want to take you here, but it is cold so let's go back and let me love you in bed. Rona raised her hands and Seokhoon carried Rona into his arms and headed back to their house. The couple continue to explore each other's bodies even more deep into the night.

Note: Sorry about that, I completely forgot to update. As a gift I will be uploading two chapters ^^