66 | Yosemite National Park

Yosemite National Park, USA

The next morning after breakfast the group set off again. This time round Seungho drove and George. The drive to the National Park didn't take too long - all together the journey was about 90 minutes or so. So the group could take their time and slowly make their way. Along the way, they decided to grab lunch before they reached the National Park. Seokhoon and booked several cabins for the group. Each cabin could house 2-3 people. So Seokhoon and Rona had one, while Seungho and So Hyun had another. George and Ryo in one and lastely Yoo Jung and Stephanie would be in the 4th one.

In the centre of the three cabins was a bigger cabin that had a full size kitchen with living space

In the centre of the three cabins was a bigger cabin that had a full size kitchen with living space. This would be the area where the group would come together to celebrate Christmas, have their meals. The main cabin also had several bathrooms (with bathtub) and an outdoor hot tub. The area around the cabin and the snow on the ground and on the trees made the whole area look like a winter wonderland. They parked the cars and they split up to unload their luggage and get used to the space. All the cabins look the same, each came with a small size kitchen, a bathroom and loft bedroom. This is really cosy! Yoo Jung exclaimed, she had never gone camping so she was beyond excited for this trip.

Wow, I have never seen such a cabin before?

Oh you haven't, Ryo?

Well I have not done much camping in my life so this is really a first experience for me.

After they finish exploring their individual cabins, they headed over to the main cabin

After they finish exploring their individual cabins, they headed over to the main cabin. The space in the main cabin was really huge, there was a full size kitchen and island which meant that the group could cook for their Christmas lunch and dinner. Before they arrived at the cabin they headed to the supermarket to buy several days worth of ingredients. They planned to celebrate Christmas full on with a lovely Christmas spread. Rona and Ryo had also brought some Asian ingredients as well, as she figured some of them would be craving Korean or Asian food as well. The living room was a huge space with big comfortable sofas, this was perfect for them to gather around chat, play games and even watch a movie.

The group also planned on going on several hikes over the next 4 days, there were several easy hikes around the Park that they could do even in Winter. They made sure to prepare the necessary hiking equipment and clothings for this time of weather. They had planned to do maybe 2-3 hikes over the next few days. For today, they were all tired from travelling and decided to spend time on their own. Stephanie and Yoo Jung wanted to take a nap while Seokhoon and Rona decided to explore the surrounding area of the park.

The sun sets really fast in winter so Seokhoon and Rona didn't venture out too far away; they just explored the surrounding area before heading back

The sun sets really fast in winter so Seokhoon and Rona didn't venture out too far away; they just explored the surrounding area before heading back. By 5pm the sky was completely dark, however because they were surrounded by nature, the beautiful night sky came out. The stars were so clear and the air was quiet. The gang stood outside on the porch for a while just admiring the natural scenery around them. They soon felt cold and quickly filtered inside, the boys went to play games while the girls were all around the kitchen cooking dinner.

Urm, I want to ask you girls a favour.

The girls all turned towards the source of the voice, it was So Hyun. They all waited for So Hyun to continue her sentence. I was hoping that tomorrow, since it is Christmas Eve, that we sort of celebrate the evening separately... So Hyun whispered in a low voice. Rona instantly knew what So Hyun wanted.

Do you want some alone time with Seungho?

Yeah, I do want some alone time with him and you know other things. All the girls instantly knew that So Hyun was referring too. So Hyun and Seungho had been dating for about two years already even though Seungho never pressured So Hyun to take the next step (intimacy wise). So Hyun now felt ready to take their relationship to the next step. Yoo Jung and Stephanie felt happy for So Hyun. It's wonderful you want to move to the next step, remember just go at your own pace.

Yeah So Hyun, I don't see any reason why we need to celebrate Christmas Eve together. Let's separate, we can also give Rona and Seokhoon some time alone as well.

Rona nodded and smiled, she was happy with this idea, she had wanted to have dinner alone with Seokhoon for at least one day before they headed back to New York, so perfect timing. Let's do that, after all we will be hiking together tomorrow morning and we will be spending time together on Christmas Day itself so let's take the Christmas Eve to just do our own thing. What about Steph and Yoo Jung?

Oh don't worry about the two of us Rona, we will be fine. We will have a nice evening with George and Ryo. We will be alright.

Yeah Rona, the cabin is so cosy, we will be alright.

Thanks girls for understanding.

Of course So Hyun, couples need alone time as well we understand.

This just makes me feel envious since Jong Hyeop oppa isn't here.

Yah! What about me out of the 4 of us, I am the only single one.

The girls all laughed and went back to finishing up dinner. They had a lovely warming dinner after which they decided to head back to their own cabins. Stephanie, George, Ryo and Yoo Jung continued to stay on to watch a movie, while the other four headed back.

Note: I have been able to write a bit more for the past two days - so here is a nice gift of two chapters today!