135 | Support

Shimwoo Hospital, Seoul

Rona was discharged today from the hospital. Rona thanked the medical staff for helping her and Seokhoon. Afterward, Marcus came to fetch the couple. Now that they were officially parents they decided to upgrade their car to a family car. He had upgraded to a SUV so that they would be more comfortable and have more space. Luckily just a couple of weeks before Rona gave birth, they had bought all the essential things they needed to transport the baby back home.

Seokhoon had bought two sets of strollers, one kind the Bugaboo Donkey 5 Mono, which allowed the couple to remove the bassinet easily to be placed into the car

Seokhoon had bought two sets of strollers, one kind the Bugaboo Donkey 5 Mono, which allowed the couple to remove the bassinet easily to be placed into the car. Rona got into the backseat, sitting beside the baby seat, while Seokhoon took the front seat beside Marcus. They eventually headed back home.

Seokhoon & Rona's Place, Seoul

When Seokhoon and Rona entered back into the house, to their surprise there were people waiting for them

When Seokhoon and Rona entered back into the house, to their surprise there were people waiting for them. Hello! Seokhoon and Rona jumped a little in fright. Oh sorry guys. Jenny came up to them and spoke in a quiet voice. We didn't wake Hyun Jae up?

Haha, don't worry. He is not asleep. Rona turned the bassinet around and showed a wide awake Hyun Jae in the basket, moving his little feet and hands around. Awww, he is awake. Come in you two.

What is going on?

Your mothers have cooked you a nice Welcome Home meal. Come. Jenny brought the two of them over to the dining table and there laid before them was a table full of food and side dishes. Seokhoon and Rona were gesturing to take a seat while Suryeon took Hyun Jae from them. When he was up and awake, Suryeon took him out and carried him. How is that beautiful boy? Hyun Jae opened his eyes and smiled. Look at that cute smile. He is such a handsome fellow.

Yoonhee gestured to the couple to eat. Come come eat. Trust me once we all leave the house, the two of you will barely have time to eat so you better enjoy this while it lasts. Rona smiled and started to dig in. She knew that now that they were back home and essentially left alone with Hyun Jae, they would be taking care of him round the clock. At the birthing centre, Rona and Seokhoon didn't have to worry so much about that, whenever Hyun Jae was hungry the nurses brought him to her, and whenever he cried even though she was there to sooth him, the nurses often came in to help take him so that Rona could get the rest she needed.

Now they were really on their own. Peter would be around to help, but Rona wanted to really be involved in taking care of her son, so she decided she was going to do everything as much as possible. Seokhoon also dug in, he knew that Rona would be the most tired because she needed to breastfeed Hyun Jae, he had to not only be a supportive husband but also share the load as much as possible with Rona. With Hyun Jae essentially being taken care of by their mothers, Rona and Seokhoon could focus on eating a good full meal.

Where is Hyun Jae?

He is now fast asleep, your Appa has gone to put him in his room. We bought you this. Yoonhee handed essentially an empty box to the couple. This is apparently the best model on the market. In such a big house, it is difficult to keep an eye on Hyun Jae. So we bought you a camera that would help you keep an eye on him. This is the Nanit Pro Smart Camera - it can apparently even track Hyun Jae's sleep and breathing. You two would be able to view it anywhere you are as long as you have your phone. Your Appa has already helped you set it up, it would be looking into his crib from above which gives you the best view.

Thank you Omma, we will really need this

Remember, as much as I understand you two want to be very involved parents, but remember that you two must rest whenever possible. Suryeon unnie and I will be available anytime to come over and help out.

And Rona-ah, Sangah and I will bring you two foods regularly, I know Peter can cook but you as a new mother still need to take some nourishing food so you can get better.

Ahjummah, it is really not necessary.

Of course it is. This is the first child from our children, even though we are not blood related to Hyun Jae we still see him as his grand aunties. We want to take care of him and you two.

Thank you Mari Ahjummah, Seokhoon and I would be more than grateful to receive the help.

The couple spent a quiet afternoon with their friends and family until that quietness was interrupted by the sound of Hyun Jae crying. Seokhoon looked at the time. He must be hungry. Rona went up to his room with Yoonhee following. Seokhoon couldn't do much to help Rona in this regard so he sat back down. Are you feeling up to your first night alone with Hyun Jae? Yoonhee patted Seokhoon's back in support.

I am a little worried but luckily the nurses at the birthing centre gave us a lot of pointers plus about a week before we left, we started to be more involved in Hyun Jae's timetable throughout the day. We know that we will be experiencing many sleepless nights but we are ready for it.

Good. Don't worry too much about making mistakes, you two are after all first time parents. Mistakes are natural, as long as you love and care for Hyun Jae, your son will feel it.

Thanks Appa! Yoonhee at this time came back down. I think it's wise that we all begin to leave, after all the two parents ought to get used to taking care of Hyun Jae without us around. The group started to slowly move out of the house one by one, Seokhoon said goodbye to them and soon the house that was noisy and lively soon became quiet. He went up to find Rona who was sitting on a chair in the nursery nursing Hyun Jae. How is everything?

He is apparently quite hungry. But it looks like he is almost done I think.

I will go run a bath for you, I think you deserve a nice warm bath after this. I will take care of Hyun Jae.

Rona smiled and quickly pecked her husband on the cheek. I would love that, thank you.